Rear speakers on H/K

Bronze Member
Username: Sinkdrain

Post Number: 88
I don't think I am getting surround sound when I am watching TV. Sound barely ever comes out of my rear speakers. I don't think its my speaker set up because If I put on Logic 7 for a CD or the radio it comes out fine. When I use it for TV sound seems to only come from the front 3 speakers. I have my channels set pretty accurately using an SPL meter and all other inputs seem to use the rears fine. TV just seems very bland with no rear sound.

I connected my TV audio out to my Video 2 input with an RCA cable.

I do not have digital cable- Is that why?

Silver Member
Username: Kano

Post Number: 161
No, the Logic 7 DSP doesn't care what is inputing to the system. Which Logic 7 are you using? Cinema/Movie/Enhanced? I find cinema is the best overall but it does favour the front speakers. Music sends an equal signal to all speakers, you may prefer that. Enhanced widens the soundstage even more, I don't like it at all, might be good in a very large room.

I was watching football the other day in Logic 7 CI and noticed all the PA and crowd noise came out of the rear speakers, good stuff.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 89
Bummer! Yesterday I watched sunday night football and all the sound was coming from the front. I only hear the slightest bit of sound coming from the rear while watching TV with Logoc 7 cinema. I can not for the life of me figure out why?

The manual says to connect a cable box to Video 3 and a TV to video 2. My cable goes directly into my TV so I connected the TV to Video 2. Is that correct?

Silver Member
Username: Kano

Post Number: 163
There is no difference. The only reason of picking one over the other is to program devices off that input, ie when TV is to Vid 2 it will automatically detect different makes of TVs so you can control the device with the HK's remote.

The only other thing I can think of is that you haven't set the speaker levels for that DSP. You can have different speaker levels for Dolby, Neo6, Dolby Digital/DTS, VMax, and Logic 7. Make sure the receiver is on the Logic 7 DSP and then run EZset or use an SPL Meter. Also I really enjoy setting the subwoofer to +10 for Logic 7.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 90
Should the rear speakers speak for all TV shows and commercials or only certain ones?

When I get home I will use EZ set for Logic 7 and see how that goes.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 91
PROBLEM SOLVED!!! When I got home I used EZ set and it still sounded no better than my TV speakers. Yet- music, etc... sounds great with Logic 7. I decided to check my TV settings and my TV audio was set to Mono! Very odd...anyway what a difference that makes. I look forward to sunday to hear the football game as you described: PA and croud in the rear speakers!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us