Triangle Antel Speakers

Username: Wilky

Post Number: 8
Just got back from listening to a variety of speakers.I went specifically to lisen to a NAD receiver/ psb speaker combo which was impressive. Then the owner paired the NAD up with a pair of Triangle Antel floor speakers and I was blown away! Anyone own or heard this speaker? Any imput would be grateful. I think I will own this combo in the near future. The speakers are $1,400 a pair.

Post Number: 9
Actually it's Triangle "Antal" 202

Anonymous

Excellent British speaker. Very fast. Amoung other things they are known for great low level listening.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
I'm pretty sure its French, but highly touted by the British. Its nice to hear positive feedback. The salesman was telling me how fast it was and easy to power too. Thanks for the imput.

Bronze Member
Username: Stone

Post Number: 26
Pretty sure they are British. I have always loved there piano finished look.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
Here's two reviews I found on the web referring to their origin:
-Audio Shopper.com:
"Established in 1980, Triangle is one of the "big three" French loudspeaker brands - the others are JM Lab and Cabasse. All three produce their own drivers.
Sam Telling of Stereophile has named the Triangle Titus one of his 12 Favorite Products of the last 40 years! Are we surprised? Well, just a little. We've sold hundreds of the Titus to happy customers and we think the Titus is one of the best monitors available for under $2000. At $495 it's a steal. Hear why the Titus is our best selling speaker, ever."

TNT-Audio.com:
"After a good period of break in, I began the critical listening of this interesting pair of French speakers that, I should say, did show to be sensitive to the quality of the "sparring" partners (associated equipment). They do not hide their desire for good amplification with a sweet-humoured, warm and full sound in the medium range, absolutely not aggressive on the high midrange, and with a good control in low and midbass range.
A good quality source, with a balanced tonality and high detail retrieval will complete the picture."

The speakers I heard, the "Titus" bookshelves I'm getting for my rears ($500 a pair) and the "Antal" (absolutely awesome) I'm buying for the main speakers ($1,400 a pair).
I'm excited about this find!

Bronze Member
Username: Stone

Post Number: 27
Oops, Sorry I was thinking of Quad. Thats why I thought they were British too.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us