Behind Closed Doors

Username: Honk

Post Number: 8
My Pioneer 54TX is in a closed cabinet and I would like to utilize my remote control without opening the door. The manual recommends using an IR receiver (pin plug input on rear panel). I've checked Niles and Xantech; and can't seem to come up with anything that I'm comfortable with. Has anyone come across any decent units, at a reasonable price?

Username: West40

Canandaigua, NY USA

Post Number: 8
OK Dan, Here are some IR receivers I have used in the past. If the plug on the back of your receiver is a mini try the CR-1. These receivers vary in price from around $80. to $125.00 for the package. There are other factors though. Most need a power supply unless your receiver is compatable with the requirments of the IR receiver for power. At this site you can click on the item and download the instructions to get details regarding this.
http://www.sonance.com/subs/products.php?category_id=49&option=get_category&thre ad_one_cat_id=30&thread_one_cat_name=Accessories&thread_two_cat_id=41&thread_two _cat_name=OptiLinQ%20IR

Username: Honk

Post Number: 10
thanks nick...i ended up going to radio shack and picking up their (discontinued) 8-in-1 universal remote with command center for $15 (don't know the reg. price)...it's a combo infra-red and rf remote with a rf receiver that converts back to ir...with a few strategically placed pieces of aluminum foil placed on the back of the cabinet door (to reflect the ir signal) i'm able to control all of the components in that unit....to top it off.. it's a very nice remote(back-lit,lcd display,learning capable and comfortable(though a little large)).it's nicer than the one that came with my elite 54tx.
p.s. it'cat.# 15-2117
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us