Small speakers: OrbAudio Mod1 vs Mirage NanoSat

Username: Jupriet

Post Number: 8
Please advice between the orbaudio mod1 and the mirage nanosats. I also take suggestions in the same price range and size.

Varit
Unregistered guest
Go w/ the direct company, Orb. Much better value for your $$. Their sub alone sets them apart from things in that price range, but the satellites are really where it's at. They are the only small speaker that I've heard with a big, full sound.

Varit
Unregistered guest
Go w/ the direct company, Orb. Much better value for your $$. Their sub alone sets them apart from things in that price range, but the satellites are really where it's at.

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 978
The Nanosats are however quite cool. They create a very large seamless soundstage.

Silver Member
Username: Stone

West CoastUSA

Post Number: 127
Mirage nanosats all the way. Can you afford omnistats?

Epic
Unregistered guest
I think the Orbs have a pretty sweet soundstage, too. You can't really go wrong w/ your decision.

Unregistered guest
What do you all think about the KEF KHT 2005's compared to the Orb MOD1 speakers? The KEFs have a higher retail price, but I could get an almost-new set for less than the Orbs, so price isn't really the issue.

Have there been any product reviews done on the Orbs? I haven't been able to find any.

Thanks for any advice.

Anonymous

All pretty evenly matched choices. I would just go with the ones that sound best to you. Entry level systems can be all over te board with sound, so buy what you can demo.

Username: Soks3d

New Orleans, La. United States

Post Number: 1
Can anyone tell me which they think would be a better choise? The Orbs, Mod 1 And Mod 2 Mixed or the
Rocket ELT speaker packages?
Thanks;
Pat

ItHappens
Unregistered guest
Orbs all the way, although both systems are good. The Orbs have a great sub and are really good at both music and movies. Much cheaper shipping, too, than the Rockets (and return shipping, if necessary). I have the Mod2 in the front channels and Mod1 in the rear. I was making the same choice as you, and opted for the Orbs and am very happy with my decision. One of the few situations where I haven't second guessed myself to death.

Username: Sdc

Post Number: 7
I am curious about Orb speakers with what I have heard on here. I am starting to think I will go with a big screen and won!t have a lot of room for floorstanding speakers after setting them up as recommended. The room is 10 1/2 x 9 1/2. The thing about the Orb speakers is that if you don!t like them you end up paying shipping both ways. Most tiny speakers I have heard are lacking compared to bigger size ones and I like good sound but lack funds for a killer system. Another thing I am curious about is I do notice I have not seen any professional reviews yet.

Username: Soks3d

New Orleans, La. United States

Post Number: 2
Ithappens & CP,
I've seen plenty reviews on the Orbs. It happens, do you use the JVC unit that they sell with them? And if not tell me what you use & how well it sounds. I am looking to Get hard, pounding, loud crystal clear sounds like the old days. Do these things rock? Are they better than Bose? I don't like Bose and would not buy them.
Pat

Varit
Unregistered guest
The Orbs really pound when you want them to. I have the Mod2 in the front channels and my friends say they are louder and crisper than most much bigger speakers. The bass from the sub is really tight and musical, too. I just picked up that JVC recently from a guy on Ebay for under $200 and it sounds very good with the Orbs. I've never put it past 1/4 to 1/3 volume and will never have to. And C B, when I bought the Orbs they had really cheap or free shipping on the order, so you were really only paying shipping on the return. If they still aren't doing that, you might be able to call and tell them you saw the promotion and were wondering if it was still in effect. You never know...

Bronze Member
Username: Sdc

Post Number: 12
It is my understanding that the orb speakers have 1 speaker and no tweeter. How does it do on the highs?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us