Torn between Integra DTR 5.5 and Denon DVR 2805

Username: Sbhuvana

Post Number: 1
I amlooking to get a 7.1 AV receiver for the Paradigm Monitor 5's I have.
I am looking at the Integra DTR 5.5 or the 6.5, and the Denon AVR 2805.

I feature set of the 6.5 looks closer to the Denon 2805 - including the number of inputs and outputs, the output wattage etc.

I don't find too many reviews out on the net comparing these two.

The Denon 2805 is much costlier than the Integra 5.5 and they force you to buy it from an authorized dealer to get the Denon Warranty. The Integra 5.5 has a longer warranty and costs atleast a couple of hundred less than the Denon 2805. Although the number of inputs and outputs on the Integra 5.5 seem significantly less - does this really matter.

Can someone on this forum please help me decide which one I should go for and also point me to some stores where I could probably find some good deals on these receivers?

Thanks a lot....

-S

Username: Butkusrules

Schaumburg, Il

Post Number: 5
looking at both as well, salesman recommended Integra over Denon. What was the best price you found on the Integra?

Post Number: 2
Well - the couple of quotes I have on the Integra 5.5 are identical and it is $699 which I think is the MSRP for the Integra 5.5.

I don't have any quotes for the 6.5

Username: Butkusrules

Schaumburg, Il

Post Number: 6
check out the post "upgrading my system...

Post Number: 3
Can you be more specific please - I could not find any thread when I seareched for "Upgrading my system".

Thanks,
-S

Unregistered guest
I just got the DTR-5.5 from a dealer for $550. It is AMAZING. Really sweetened the sound of my Boston Acoustics speakers. I'm THRILLED that my POS Kenwood finally died :-)

Post Number: 4
Hi,

Could you please let me know the Dealer name, the location of the dealer and a phone number if you have one.

Thanks,
-S
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us