ARISTON Q-DECK

Username: Jim_mcbob

Post Number: 6
I've been given an Ariston q-Deck turntable (sans cartridge) in g/vg/vvg condition--still in box, with manual, I think. What can anyone here tell me about this unit?

Is it worth holding on to? What are its strengths and weaknesses? What might it fetch on eBay or maybe online classifieds?

Silver Member
Username: Disco_stan

Minnesota

Post Number: 172
Well I just happened to buy Ariston q-Deck belt driven turn table with a B&O cartridge off ebay. Perfect working condition, 1 owner. I paid 165 with S&H and thats about all I know about this table. Once I get it up and running I'll keep on posting on it if you would like.

Unregistered guest
I've owned an Ariston Q (with Sumiko Blue Point cartridge) since the late '80s. It's a good deck - was mid-hi price at the time it was a current item. Scottish manufacturer - solid motor though a bit weak on the torque at start-up. Not much rumble, good mat. You might want to isolate it from the rest of the room using sorbithane or some other stuff (ground mat) from REI. It doesn't like Grado cartridges due to the 360-pole motor it's got (too much hum) which drove me to getting a good moving coil.

Bronze Member
Username: Ca_convert

CardiffUK

Post Number: 23
I bought a Q deck as a student inb the mid 80's. I think mid fi is a bit generous, since it was priced similar to a Dual CS505 which had just ceased production. I think i paid about £130 or so. It was similar to the Pro-Ject Debut in its day. I eventually tired of its rather bright sound, and upgraded it.

SuperFrank
Unregistered guest
The Q-Deck was a budget entry level turntable that sold for around £130 - the next model up from it was the Ariston Pro which looked almost identical, but was manual for start/stop and had a black alloy platter instead of a silver one.
It received very good reviews in the 90s hi-fi press - probably the next step down from a Rega Planar 2 or similar.

Username: Steve13

LondonUk

Post Number: 1
Can anyone recomend a supplier for spares for an ariston q deck. I would be gratefull for any info

Bronze Member
Username: Jim_mcbob

Post Number: 27
spare what? I might be inclined to sell parts (or all) of mine.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us