$1,000 for speakers. Could use some direction.

Anonymous

I'm setting up a 2 channel stereo for music. I'm thinking of an NAD amp. What speakers are in my price range ($1,000)that would be considered "warm", not bright? I think I like floorstanding speakers but I can be convinced otherwise.

Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 932
From your description it sounds like you would be very happy with Paradigm's. I like the Monitor 7 floorstander very much, it lists for $699 a pair and IMO is better than the more expensive models in the Monitor line. In the Studio series $1000 will get you the Studio 40 bookshelf model that is outstanding. Paradigm and NAD go well together but one word of caution. Paradigm's do not come shielded so if they are going to be within a foot or so of your tv order them shielded. It's about $30 extra.

Username: Exander

Post Number: 3
I've listened to Paradigms and I find them to be a bit "bright". Don't you think?

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 934
Bright? No way. Paradigm's are among the warmest, smoothest speakers on the market. You want bright listen to Klipsch. That's bright.

Post Number: 4
I need something really laid back.

gavincumm
Unregistered guest
take a look at the onix rockets. I have read reviews that they are really laid back, and sound great. However, in that price range, your best bet would be to pick up a set of magnepans depending on your musical tastes.

Post Number: 5
My musical taste: Some jazz, a lot of female vocals and heavy metal. What do you think?

Bronze Member
Username: Elite

Post Number: 67
I agree
paradigms are great
especially with female vocals
great bass too
not bright at all
incredibly neutral
look at reviews at stereophile magazine or sound and vision mag

Bronze Member
Username: Cornelius

Post Number: 69
Ohm Microwalsh Tall. The tweeter doesn't kick in until 8k = natural midrange (vocals). These speakers never sound too bright. Amazing with Jazz (especially acoustic) and can handle metal (no problem with 32nd note double bass...).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us