Denon AVR 1905 or Onkyo TX-SR601

deemon
Unregistered guest
I am planing to buy an AV Receiver & am going to choose between Denon AVR 1905 or Onkyo TX-SR601.

Would be greatful if anyone can recomend which one to buy

edster922
Unregistered guest
My 601 is arriving Thursday, I'll tell you how I like it. $300 shipped from JandR.com

deemon
Unregistered guest
thanks....that'll be a great help

edster922
Unregistered guest
Deemon,

Summary: the Onkyo is very user-friendly, has tons of features, looks awesome, was a huge improvement over my cheapie Sony...but for listening to music, it was less than what I was hoping for. For movies though it was great---so just depends on what you're after. I tend to listen to music at least 60% of the time so...

Right now I'm checking out the Marantz 5400 and 6400 as possible upgrades, will audition them in a few days alongside an Onkyo 602, that will give me a conclusive idea.

Silver Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 228
The Denon isn't much better than the Onkyo at music. As to surround, I think the Onkyo is right up there with the Denon.

edster, none of your suggestions are particularly musical in my view. The only makes I consider musical at relatively sensible money are Arcam, NAD and Rotel.

Regards,
Frank.

Silver Member
Username: Billdashill

Post Number: 139
Their Friday special has an Onkyo 602Black for $300 shipped free but they are sold out.

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 972
Arcam,NAD and Rotel are way more money than the original poster is talking about. When you are talking about $500 and under receivers is a $2000 Arcam "sensible" money? The Marantz line is very musical and so is the Elite line. Granted they don't have the snob appeal of Arcam, NAD or Rotel but are excellent nontheless. Only NAD makes anything close to a budget receiver anyway.
Edster,
You are right to ckeck out the Marantz and IMO the 5400 is a great budget receiver, best in class in my book.

edster922
Unregistered guest
Frank,

Oh well, it appears you have a different concept of "sensible money" than I do...half a grand is my rock-bottom ceiling.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us