Problems with my NAD T763

Bronze Member
Username: L25

Post Number: 13
I bought the T763 in November of 2003, right away it would do power shut offs. I systematically checked every connection. It would also power off with nothing connected by turning the volume knob up high. I bought it from a dealer that has its own service department. I returned it in December of 2003, then again 6/2004, and now last week it did it again. I asked the shop to give me a new one, but instead they are sending it back to NAD. (I just put bananna plugs on all my wires, I am tired of reconnecting 12 GA wire.)

Has anyone heard of a similar situation? Is it possible that one of my components is damaging the receiver, or somehow I am causing the problem?

I just read some of the other NAD threads,I will call about getting the firmware update

5 NHT L5's (6ohm)
HSU VTF-2 sub
Monster HTS 5100.
Sony 34XBR910
Sony NC685V DVD
Comcast Motorola HD cable box

thanks,

Jeff

Bronze Member
Username: Mitchbd

Post Number: 58
Jeff;

FINALLY! Someone who had the same problem as I did. The 763 I HAD did the same thing - despite every possible wiring set-up and configuration I tried it in. It even did so while sitting on a table, with nothing but the power cord plugged in. I could not, for the life of me, figure out what it was. I sent it back to the dealer (and exchanged for a 773) - and since then they tell me it's behaved as designed. Not sure what it is... I'll be talking to that dealer again this weekend - so I'll see if they found out anything further. My thought was that it might have been a power or IR issue... but after moving, it still behaved the same. Too annoying to keep, anyway.

B

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
1 hour ago I got a call from the dealer saying it was back from the
factory. I took it in on 11/2. I will pic it up tomorrow, check for
the firmware update and report back. What kind of speakers are you
using, what impedance?

Jeff

Anonymous

My 763 had the same problem last month after running OK for 10 months and it has been fixed by the sole distributor here in sydney. their service department confirmed the unit turned off to standby after 5 or 10 minutes (even if nothing plugged in besides the power cord, i tested at home before the serivce). according to the service report, faulty components were found in the power supply module. 4 diodes were replaced. they did some software upgrade and modification, i.e. firmware upgrade to 2.05, NAD T**3 modification kit (no sure what exactly it is) and DSP software upgrade. the unit is working fine at the moment. initially, i sent the unit to the distributor's service agent. guess what? a week later when i called them, the technician told me he couldn't catch the problem as power cut off happened so frequently. dealers may not be specialized in repairing NAD products even if they have their own service departments.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Now that my T763 has been to the factory and had the 2.05 upgrade, everything seems fine. I spent some time dialing in the settings for the home theater and using the EARS mode for music it sounds better than ever.

Thanks Brad for pointing out the upgrade, I would have never known. Not sure if the upgrades are free after warantee, but mine was 13 months and they took care of everthing.

Bronze Member
Username: Mitchbd

Post Number: 60
L25

Glad to hear that it worked out in the end. Once all the problems are sorted out - it sounds amazing! There just shouldn't be any problems though... :-(
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us