Bose Companion 3 ???

Username: Lmbear

Post Number: 7
I just purchased Bose Companion 3 speakers for my computer. I heard them in bestbuy and thought they sounded pretty good. I had a $120 gift certificate to Brookstones burning a hole in my pocket and decided to buy them without much research. They are still in the box and I am debating whether or not I want to keep them. Does anyone have any advice?

Username: Edison

Post Number: 333
I would return them and get the Athena AS-B1. Much better sounding - won the best speaker under $200 in many hifi sights. Unlike Bose, you can listen to it for a long time without getting tired of the sound.

If you add a sony sub sa-wm200 or 500 (better) at www.etronics.com, sounds even better for not much more.

Username: Lmbear

Post Number: 8
Thanks for the info. I read some reviews on the Athena speakers and the look great. The only difference is, that if I keep the Bose I only $80 bucks comes out of my wallet. I just bought a Sony 50" Grand Wega and my wallet is extremely tight right now. SO if I do upgrade the speakers, I am probably just going to return the BOSE to brookstones and hold off for a while.

Thanks for the help.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us