Recording to PC - Cables


New member
Username: Hj25

Post Number: 1
Registered: Nov-04

I have a "vintage" Sony STR-5800/SD, along with a Sony PS-11 turntable (which must be repaired - it appears to only be playing one side); I intend to record some LPs to my computer, but have not purchased the RCA-to-stereo cable.

I have an Acoustic Research RCA cable that I want to use to connect the tape out from my receiver to the cable. My questions are:

Should I use a Y-Adapter, or a cable? This may seem weird, but I think a Y-Adapter could, by its lack of flexibility, damage either the connectors or the cables. I don't know if this "fear" is founded, but anyway...

I also want to know if it would make any difference if I tried to find an AR RCA-to-stereo cable or adapter.


« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us