NAD C320BEE & Boston Acoustics CR9

Username: Mikey_heo

Post Number: 2
Hi:

I am "rebuilding" my 2 channel music system. wondering how you guys think about this combination:

- NAD C320BEE integrated amp
- Boston Acoustics CR9 bookshelf speakers
- CD player: NAD C542 or C521BEE or C521i

how do you guys think about this combination? is this pair of bookshelf speakers "good enough" for music or i should consider upgrading?

as for the CD player, should i get the NAD C542 refurbished (approx. $400 shipped) or the C521BEE ($300 shipped)? i am more concerned about the "refurbished" quality. dmc-electronics.com has it on sale.

last words, i'd appreciate your advice/comments on which pieces i should get or provide alternative options. please provide specific details: brand+model+price+ dealer info.

i am living in San Diego, California.

BTW, what's your "dream" two channel music system with bookshelf speakers? i plan to use this in my bedroom, so real estate is an issue :-)

Silver Member
Username: Edison

Glendale, CA US

Post Number: 569
I like the monitor audio bronz speaker at good guys (if you live near one). They were mentioned in the Stereophile magazine as a recommended component - a distinction in Hifi.

It has nice soft sound that is not tiring to the ear like many intry level speakers.

I would get the 542 CD player - has more detail.

L'Wood
Unregistered guest
I just bought both of the NAD 'BEE' units, and they make a great combo...Check out Saturday audio, reputable and I think you'll save some cash. My speakers are Monitor Audio S2's, and living in suburbia with lots of green area, I've yet to power over midway.

Bronze Member
Username: Walt_h

CA

Post Number: 42
Several weeks ago, I was able to do an A-B comparison of the Boston Acoustics CR-9 and Monitor Audio Bronze 1 speakers at Good Guy's. I thought the Monitor Audio B-1 had a much more realistic sound - particularly for voice and all acoustic instruments. The MA speakers were selling for $300 - quite good value I thought.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us