Receiver choice

speakerchris
Unregistered guest
I am looking for a new receiver. My speakers are considered bright by some, and they are very detailed.
I am looking at the HK AVR330, Marantz SR5400
and the Marantz SR4500
any suggestions?

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 806
Add the Elite vsx52 to your list. Can be had from dynaco.com for $539. Elite's will tame any bright speakers as well if not better than any other receiver. See the December issue of Home Theater for a review if interested. Scratch the Marantz 4500 but keep the other two and the Elite and you'll have three excellent choices.

Silver Member
Username: Bleustar

Pensacola, Florida

Post Number: 178
You might also add the HK AVR430 to the list. It is right in the same price range and has better internals compared to the AVR330.

Also, the Marantz SR5400 is far superior to the SR4500.

speakerchris
Unregistered guest
just wondering, how come scratch the marantz 4500?

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 915
Elitefan, Bleustar have you even heard the 4500, or just assuming it's not good because of the 4400?

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 809
I would not recommend the 4400 or 4500 because the 5400 and 5500 are better units and can be had for very good prices. It is worth the extra bit of money to move up to the better receiver. I don't have a problem with any Marantz but the 5400 was the real bargain in the 400 series and will remain the same in the 500 series. The 5400 is an outstanding receiver and it's great power supply puts many units at twice it's price to shame in 5 channel mode. Probably the best buy in a under $700 receiver in years if not ever. At that price point a big factor is value for the money and the 5400 is the best value in this price range.

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 918
I agree.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us