Christ now im debateing yet again!

Bronze Member
Username: Rkvfire

Vancouver, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 94
hey there,

i posted awhile ago asking for advice for a bedroom unit. and soundadvice, and quite allot of you said that rotel 1056 and paradigm mini monitors would be a great choice. i just read a thread, that someone had concerning, rotel, or arcam. and well, u guest it, im second guessing the rotel now, for the arcam! should i just stick to the damn rotel, and be happy or test out the arcam? thanx

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 906
I think you should test the Arcam. It should be noticeably better than the 1056.

Bronze Member
Username: Sound_advice

Post Number: 65
Hi Slade,

The Rotel is a great choice and side by side you'd be hardpress to tell much difference between these units, the Rotel is 5.1 with possible upgrade to 7.1...the Arcam is 7.1 ready, but for a bedroom situation 5.1 should be all you need.

You'll find the Rotel has a better retail price of approximately $1750-1900 Cdn versus the newly released Arcam Avr 250 at a street price of $1900-2300 Cdn, if you ask me for the difference in dollars the Rotel is probably pound for pound a better unit unless you need the 7.1.

Slade it's up to you, if you can demo both side by side then go with your gut feeling...I've personnaly heard the Rotel 1056 side by side the Arcam Avr 200 and I would take the Rotel anyday over the 200, but since the release of the 250 that decision would be very hard.

I also purchased a unit (Nad t773) that I second guessed, I understand it's not a good feeling. Whenever you spend so much money these days it's never easy, also considering all the changes that happen from day to day...what's next all the receivers will have HDMI switching, I know then I'll second guess my decision as well.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 96
lol oh boy! i already have the rotel and paradigm speakers sittn in my room. just this talk on the arcam is just changeing my mind! i hate that lol! i think ill just stick with the rotel. i bought it from the us so i didnt haveta pay the high price. is there any HUGE difference between the 1056 and the avr 250? thanx guys

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 911
I dont know about the AVR250, but the AVR300 is very nice. I would say it's at least as good as the T773 and close to the RSX1067. If you already have the 1056 I think you can happily stick with it. The differences aren't big.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 97
u think so? so i should stick with it? alright sounds good. what are the differences by the way?

Silver Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 136
The AVR300 is cleaner, tighter, faster, more transparent and more satisfying musically. The Rotel has probably got a touch more power (for speakers that are difficult to drive) and possibly a bit better steering in surround sound - but I'm not sure of that. Here in the UK the Rotel and Arcam retail for very similar money. If I were a betting man, I'd put my money on the Arcam. That said, the Rotel is a fine machine which does the job well and is a snap to setup. If you like what you're hearing stick with it!

Regards,
Frank.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 99
alright thanks guys ill stick with the rotel :-) the paradigm mini monitors. still good choice?

Bronze Member
Username: Sound_advice

Post Number: 67
Hi Slade,

I wouldn't worry too much about it, Paradigm make some if not the best speakers out there when you consider price versus performance.

By the way, how do you like your system? because in the end that's all that matters.

Keep in mind there's always going to be a bigger fish out there!

Silver Member

Post Number: 101
i like it quite well! i think im just gonna stick with these.. thanks for all your help!

haha yea, always gonna be bigger fish.. rather annoying when something u think is good, then u find out something just beat it..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us