Digital audio receiver that works with NAS

Anonymous

Hi, I am looking for a digital audio receiver that works with NAS (network attached storage) devices and does not require server software.

I do not want to keep my PC on all the time and already have the new linksys NAS in place.

I have been able to verify the Audiotron and Roku M1000. Are there any others that are cost effective and do the job?

Smash591
Unregistered guest
Hi,
I'm in the same boat. I have a NAS device (200Gb HD on a linksys NLSU2) and have moved my entire music collection (over 5k songs) to this file server. I WISH there was a stand-alone music player that could access and play this music without tying up my computer also. I have 4 computer users in my family so I'm not about to buy a product that requires me to run software in one place so I can listen to music elsewhere. My family would disown me. Comments?

Username: Ramblin_man

Post Number: 1
Hi, just wanted to let you know my company has just released a product that may work for you. It is self-contained and does not
require server software on your computer. Check it out at:
http://www.digitaltechniques.com
Thanks,
Richard

soggyone
Unregistered guest
As far as I know, the AudioTron (discontinued - darn it) and Roku are the only players that work with a NAS. I have 3 AudioTrons and would buy at least one more if they were available. The Blackbird (Digital Techniques) is a storage device (like the Fireball) (I love that they say they are the only device like it in the marketplace. Run, don't walk.) It also requires an additional device to control playback. That kills it for me. You might as well have a PC set up as a server.

AudioTron still cannot be beat.

Username: Ramblin_man

Post Number: 8
soggyone,
I apologize if our marketing message annoys you. We believe our products are unique at their price point.
Regards,
Richard

AlanPa
Unregistered guest
I'm way late to the posting party here, but I'm confused on the Roku. According to their faq, they *do* require server software. (this has been an ongoing peeve of mine. http://blogs.msdn.com/alanpa/archive/2005/05/16/418127.aspx

Q: Does the SoundBridge require any kind of "Server" Software, or is it able to work directly on a network file system?

A: The SoundBridge does require a "music server", such as Windows Media Connect or iTunes. We currently don't support files that are shared via Windows File Sharing
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us