Yamaha RX V-450 or RX V-650

Username: Nirmal

Post Number: 3
Hello,

I need a good receiver for watching movies (and yes music, but movies have priority). The speakers I have planned is Canton Movie CD 1 (Specs: http://www.canton.de/www/index.php4?pg_id=16,30,moviecd1,2,en).

I have nailed down the receiver to Yamaha RX V-450 which fits perfectly within my budget. I was wondering if I should put the extra $ and get a RX V-650. The only feature that would benefit me as of now is the onscreen display. Can you please advise me if it is worth the extra $?

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 863
Yes it's definitely worth it. The 650 has clearly better sound, more power and loads of extra features over the 450. The 450 and 550 are quite bad, but the 650 and 750 are ok.

Username: Nirmal

Post Number: 4
Thanks landroval.

I guess I will go for RX V-650.

I have few more questions. Hope you find sometime to answer them.

1. How to read the output of speakers from its spec. That is, what is nominal output and what is musical output?

2. Is 86.5db good enough SPL?

3. For satellite speakers is it better when the minimum frequency responce is as high as possible and for subwoofers as low as possible (closer to 20Hz)

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
Nirmal

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 868
1. Manufacturers report power output very differently (for advertizing purposes). You should read unbiased reviews to know for sure.

2. I dont care, specs dont matter. :-)

3. Do you mean the frequency output of the amp or something else?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us