How can I connect my Xbox to my Logitech Z-640 5.1 Surround Sound?

Username: Praisemacs

Post Number: 1
I recently obtained a Logitech Z-640 Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound System and quickly set out to connect it to my Xbox (I do have the Advanced AV pack). The problem comes with the fact that the only way that the Logitech Z-640 can recieve true Dolby 5.1 Surround Sound is through 3, 3.5mm jacks(the kind used on computer sound cards and headphones), and the Xbox uses an optical connection. How can I convert the optical signal into 3, 3.5mm mini-phone jacks for use with my speakers?

Post Number: 2
If it helps here is a URL to a picture of the Jacks that my speakers use to recieve sound.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/praisemacs/Micro-plugs.jpg

Username: Release

Post Number: 6
Are you sure that Xbox uses an optical connection? As far as I know that product it doesn't.

Post Number: 3
The Advanced AV pack accessory has an optical audio out.

Username: Daves666

Post Number: 10
Not sure if this will help but:

I just hooked my Xbox up to a set of Altec Lansing MX 5021s [2.1 system] and it worked without a hitch. The ALs came with a Y cable that had a 3.5 mm jack on one end and 2 RCA inputs on the other.

Good luck

Post Number: 4
Wow... I feel like a twit... the reason that it doesnt accept digital optical of digital coaxial is because the speakers are freakin ANALOG. They simply didnt have a digital decoder. I returned them and am now ordering Logitech Z680s which come with a reciever.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us