Setup Help Please

Username: Johnathan11276

Post Number: 1
I found out yesterday just how basic my reciever and television are, they are both Sony btw. I have a question, my receiver has (1) coax and (1) optical input. They are not tied to say video1 or video2, they are off to the side by themselves. My receiver also has no S-Video connections.

Currently I've been using the optical on my PS2 to watch dvd's etc. Now I want to use my dvd player so I plan on using the coax input. Not sure if I can use both of the digital inputs or only one. I'm guessing if I still use the rca connections for the video everything should work. I also have a question about the S-Video. Can I run that straight from the dvd-player to the television and still use the video output from the receiver for my satellite and PS2? The television only has video 1.

Silver Member
Username: Johnny

Missouri

Post Number: 438
1. As far as the two optical connections go, yes, you can use both of them. I don't know about your particular model, but there should be a way to choose between either "optical" or "coax", or it may say "digital 1" and "digital 2" on the receiver.

2. Everything will work fine to use the rca inputs for the video. Just choose your video input on the receiver, choose whichever digital input you want, and you should be set

3. Yes, you can use the svideo directly to the tv and the receiver for the others

Check your owners manual for more info on assigning the inputs and such

Username: Johnathan11276

Post Number: 2
thanks, i was worried that if i used the video out from the receiver to the television that the s-video directly from the dvd player would work.

Silver Member
Username: Johnny

Missouri

Post Number: 439
did you mean "wouldn't work"? You can have both connected to the tv provided you have two inputs...an svideo and composite.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1698
If you only have one Video input bank and two choices, i.e., composite or s-video assigned to Video 1, you can only use one or the other.
If you try to use both inputs it will not work.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us