Yamaha Speaker match

Username: Chuckh

Louisiana

Post Number: 1
Hello, I am new to this forum and have been educated in a short time reading existing post. Mating a perfect Home Audio system can be almost impossible for the novice like me. I am building a house and want a nice Home Theather system. I am looking at Yamaha RX V750 or 1400 recievers and my local AV dealer matches this with Klipsch speakers which I am finding out dose not match well with Yammy's. Currently he suggested RC-25, 2 RB-15s for front, 2 SCR-2s for rear ceiling mount, and RW10. It this combo is just not meant to be, what is suggested with the Yamaha. I would like ceiling mounts in the rear and bookshelf sides and centers in the front. Or if I go with the Klipsch speakers would changing to a Pioneer Elite series be better. Any help would be appreciated.

Username: Ninjai

Post Number: 2
Hey chuck, I'm newbie here too. I suppose most people would suggest you Yammy with Klipsch, since(as far as I know) these two are both meant to be for HT, they are both not so good for music. I happened to have listened to this combo today, for HT this combo is really not bad and then I tried B&W 603, I just love it, I think I'll stick to the 603.

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 711
Klipsch and Yamaha together is an awful combination. You are on the right track with Klipsch and P.E. however. Much better. There is nothing wrong with the newer Yamaha's sonically except their usual inflated power ratings and the fact that the 1400 does not have a pure direct mode. I would wait for the new 1500 which will be out any day and it does have a direct mode so if it operates like it should finally Yamaha will have caught up with most others in this area. The dealer you refer to is typical of many in that they are selling components by name only and paying no attention to compatibility. I see this all the time in my area and have even gotten store owners to admit to it. Use your ears as your guide and you can't go wrong.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1680
I agree with elitefan, the Elites and Klipsch are a great match. The Yamaha and Klipsch combo is just too sterile and bright. But then again some people just like the bright sound, so go audition the speakers and receiver you are looking at and make the choice by using your ears, you preference may be different.
cheers

Username: Chuckh

Louisiana

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the responses. I am going in the morning to listen to different combos. But I do have one subjective question for those that may know. Do you find a better combo with say a Yamaha 1400 & Paradigm speakers or the Pioneer elite(say the 53tx) & Klipsch speakers. Just looking for educated opinions. Also how do Infinity and Definitive speakers rank amoung the other two I have listed.

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 714
Def Tech yes, Infinity no. To answer your question is hard for me because I really love the Elite's but I do not like the Klipsch line at all except for the classic La Scala and the others of that vintage so if you were to force me to choose between your two alternatives I would take the Yamaha and Paradigms. I would not buy the 1400 thought and would wait for the 1500 because of the pure direct mode feature.

Silver Member
Username: Rh1

Post Number: 255
Def Techs are in fact incredible speakers, check out the BP7004's. They offer a great value for money at $1598, includes 2 built in powered subs too!

I don't know your budget but I would not go with Klipsch or Infinity's lower end speakers, their higher range are certainly well worth looking into. Have a listen and decide based on your tastes, take cds/dvds that you are well familiar with to hear the difference in the brands. I am not a big fan of the Yamaha line up but I do like the Pioneer Elites. Once again just my taste
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us