Best MULTIDISK CD Players?

Username: Myka

Post Number: 3
Hey guys, I dont really see the need in a single disk cd player when multidisk is available. I have read many reviews on great CD players, but they all seem to be single disk. Whats the best multidisk CD players in the $200-$500 budget?
I was thinking 5 disk would be plenty, any suggestions? thanks!

Bronze Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 99
I would warn against multi-disc players because they tend to be less reliable than single disc machines. The multi-disc bits seem to break more easily. Furthermore, if what you want is a multi-jukebox kind of thing, why not buy a hard disc recorder like an Apple iPod and plug that into your system? You'd be able to hold 50 discs at full quality and 400 discs at very good quality.

Regards,
Frank.

Silver Member
Username: Myrantz

Post Number: 817
Blah,

I've had a Yamaha 5 disc changer for 5 yrs now, and it is used about 10-15 hrs per week. It has never missed a beat or skipped a track. Okay, it's pretty average soundwise but not bad with a digital connection to our Marantz sr-7300.

I only wish they made higher end multi-disc players.

Post Number: 4
I see that being true about the 300 disk or so juke boxes, but im sure there are good 5 disk cd players out there. What about some of the NAD 5 disk cd players? Can anyone suggest the best 5 disk cd players out there? I just don't see myself throwing a party and having to change the cd every time, or having to hear only one cd at a time. I like the fact that you can program different songs from different cd's in the 5 disk changers and it automatically switches from one track on one cd to another than back again.
That leaves me more time to mingle with the ladies ;)

Toronto, Ontario CANADA

Post Number: 5
I changed my name for posting, note im 'blah'... anyway...

I see that being true about the 300 disk or so juke boxes, but im sure there are good 5 disk cd players out there. What about some of the NAD 5 disk cd players? Can anyone suggest the best 5 disk cd players out there? I just don't see myself throwing a party and having to change the cd every time, or having to hear only one cd at a time. I like the fact that you can program different songs from different cd's in the 5 disk changers and it automatically switches from one track on one cd to another than back again.
That leaves me more time to mingle with the ladies ;)

Toronto, Ontario CANADA

Post Number: 10
ANy suggestions?

Bronze Member
Username: Spl

Post Number: 20
Hi Myka,

The best cd players around are usually single trays only. If you also value your solo listening sessions, then I suggest you get a good single-tray cd player.

For parties, I would recommend a cheap MP3 player that you can connect to your amp or receiver. 20GB of mp3 music is better than a multi-tray cd player IMO.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us