Equalizer installation

Jose Torres
How can I install an equalizer to my new AV Receiver. The eq. has four pair of analog RCA for eq. and for tape drive. The receiver has only two pair of analog input/ouput jacks (for CDR or MD).

andy
What receiver do you own?

I have just purchase a new receiver sony str de675 and i wish to know whether i can connect an equalizer.

Anonymous
First I would recomend that you consult your user's manual that should have been in the box when you purchased your Sony reciever. Your CDR and MD in/out jacks should not be used for an EQ. Your EQ process should take place after everything else in the signal chain is completed and right before your final amplification. If you have no designated in/out for an EQ then you may have to find some other way of processing the signal. Perhaps a pre-amp may be needed in order to bring all of your signals together to then run through your EQ. Sometimes some amps have pre-out/in RCA jacks. These can often be used for an EQ.

thanks for the advice. Actually the sony receiver doesn not have a pre-amp and i am thinking about connecting the equalizer between my Cd player and the input of the receiver. Is this possible?

Anonymous
Una de las razones por las que yo (y no sólo yo) adoro los conjuntos de previo/etapa de potencia separados es la posibilidad de conectarles un amplificador entre ambos componentes.

En los viejos tiempos del estéreo (uf, estoy hablando en pasado) sólo los amplificadores integrados de gama más bien alta tenían (bueno, sin pasarnos, siguen teniendo) un "bucle" entrada/salida entre la sección del previo y la de potencia, precisamente para conectarle un ecualizador (e incluso algún componente "exótico", como un reverb de muelles , un expansor, un compresor-expansor...).

Piensa que tu receptor es multicanal y los ecualizadores son estéreo (o mono, en cuyo caso hay que conectar dos, uno por canal). Así que para ecualizarle una señal estéreo (MD, CD, Vinilo, incluso Cassette) tiene que venir ecualizada ANTES de entrar al receptor AV, porque luego ya no va a haber manera.

Así que yo te recomiendo que conectes tu CD y las demás fuentes digitales o bien a un simple selector de entrada pasivo, o a un preamplificador (ya sé que teniendo un receptor integrado operativo ésto parece un tanto redundante, tanto conceptuelmente como cuando lo veas en el mueble, pero...). Este último sistema debería der mejor que el primero, que tiene la ventaja de ser más barato y más simple.

En cualquier caso, piensa que los ecualizadores mínimamente "buenos" tiene una entrada de nivel de línea y ADEMÁS un bucle IN/OUT pàra conectarle un grabador (ésto viene de los tiempos del cassette y el grabador de cinta abierta), lo cual te dará más posibiliaddes de conexión si tienes una grabadora de audio del tipo que sea (CD, MD)y quieres usarla con tu equipo... que para eso está.

Derek
The EQ is best installed in a audio tape loop that has a dedicated Tape Monitor button. My Denon 1803 has this labeled as "MD\Tape Mon". Your receiver may lable it as "Tape-2" or something along those lines. Pressing the Tape Monitor button sends the current source through any external processor connected to the tape loop.

This loop was originally designed to allow you to "Monitor" a tape AS YOU RECORDED from the source without interupting the actual signal to the tape deck (3 head cassette decks and reel-to-reels). I once had a Denon HX24 3-head cassette deck and the tape monitor allowed me to trim the bias on each recording by listening to the source and the tape - back and forth, back and forth by repeatedly pressing the tape monitor button. It also made tape head azmith ajustments easier since I could quickly compare the souce and tape. Signal processor manufacturer quickly started using this loop for EQs, Reberbs etc.

The reason this is done is to allow the processor to process the audio from all sources. Without this loop, you would have to plug and unplug your sources one at a time to proccess the audio. With the Tape Monitor button activated, you can still switch to the Tuner, DVD, VCR etc. The audio just before the Volume knob, tone controls and DSP will be processed. The Audio moving around inside the receiver is NOT processed. This prevents you from screwing up tape to tape and source to tape audio (DSPs get confused if one channel is set even a little different than the other by an EQ).

It's just like a pre-amp out except its just before the volume control instead of after. This usually producess less noise.

If you want audio to be processed BEFORE it gets to a tape deck, MD or VCR, connect them to the tape loop of the EQ. Note the EQ itself will have a "Tape Mon" for listening to the tape deck.

Hope this helps.

Anonymous
i have the sony 675, and i got my eq too work with my STB(so i can listen too Music Choice) and it also works with my cd player. movies is another story, it stays digital. this is how i did it with my AUIDIOSOURCE EQ 100.

CD-AUDIO OUT into AUDIO IN on EQ
TAPE OUT on EQ into CD AUDIO into RECEIVER

STB(Cable-Box)AUDIO OUT into VIDEO IN on EQ
MAIN OUT on EQ into VIDEO1 on RECEIVER

then i simply switch my video-audio switch back and forth depending on the source, CD or STB.
movies on Cable or dvd's are strictly digital.
this works fine. i dont understand why someone would have too connect and disconnect unless they have an eq that only has tapein-tapeout.

Anonymous
forgot one thing on my last post.
you also have too make sure the sony 675 is switched to Analog or Optical.
hope this helps.

Kirk
I have a Boss AVA-1208S parametric equalizer. I would like to know if after connecting the EQ to the head unit if I can run the output straight to the speakers or if I have to run it to an amp first and then to the speakers.

Anonymous
i have a kenwood reciever the 6050 and it doesnt have the tape two monitor and i was wandering how to hook my eq up to it so that it will monitor all my inputs except the one that it is running into the reciever on

Anonymous
what kind of eq do you have? also, what ins and outs do you have on your eq? my brother has an onkyo and he has an older kenwood eq that has tape in-tape out.this is how we set his up.

STB AUDIO OUT (Y ADAPTOR) ONE CABLE RUNNING TOO HDTV AND OTHER TOO RECEIVER (Y ADAPTOR) INTO TAPE MONITOR IN ON EQ.
CD AUDIO OUT IS SAME AS ABOVE.

TAPE MONITOR OUT ON EQ GOES TO VIDEO 1 AUDIO IN ON HIS RECEIVER. ONLY ONE SOURCE SHOULD BE ON AT A TIME.OR YOU COULD ADD MORE MALE Y'S AND GO TAPE MONITOR OUT TO YOUR PREFERRED SOURCE. YOU WOULD STILL HAVE TO HAVE ONE SOURCE OFF

Anonymous
MESSED UP ON MY LAST POST.MEANT TOO SAY:

STB AUDIO OUT (Y ADAPTOR) ONE CABLE RUNNING TOO HDTV AND OTHER " TO EQUALIZER " ( Y ADAPTOR ) INTO TAPE MONITOR IN ON EQ.
CD AUDIO OUT IS THE SAME.

:)

What is the correct way to connect the following components:
1). TEAC W-880RX Double Reverse Cassette Deck
Line In (L) (R)
Line Out (L) (R)
2). Sansui Stereo Graphic Equalizer SE-77
Source:
IN (L) (R)
OUT (L) (R)
Tape1:
Rec (L) (R)
Play (L) (R)
Tape 2:
Rec (L) (R)
Play (L) (R)
3). Technics Stereo Integrated DC Amplifier
SU-V6X
Tape1/DA Tape:
Rec Out (L) (R)
Play Back (L) (R)
Tape 2:
Rec Out (L) (R)
Play Back (L) (R)
Graphics EQ/EXT:
IN (L) (R)
OUT (L) (R)
Would appreciate any assistance with connecting these old components correctly. I don't have any of the manuals and I wanted to get it right.
Thanks in advance.

Anonymous
hello i got a eq that i want to hook it up to my car stereo... i was wondering if i can hook the rca in puts to my car radio and the high wire off the eq to the speakers....

bagus
hi...i got a problem in connecting my equalizer to my receiver...i don't know with cables goes where, my receiver denon avr 3200, equalizer audio control rialto and i'm using bose am 6 for speakers...anybody can help me???

Anonymous

I have a Sony STR-DE445 Reciever, Sansui D-75BW dual tape deck and AudioSource EQ 11 Equalizer.....could you please tell me how to hook everything up. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Unregistered guest
HELLO ANYONE,
I NEED HELP INSTALLING AN EQ TO MY RECEIVER...
I HAVE YAMAHA HTR5650 AND YAMAHA GE-30 EQ

HELP!!!!

Shirley J Washington
Unregistered guest
Can some one send me a diagram or instructions for hooking up my AKAI 202D-SS Reel to Reel Tape deck to a receiver and tape deck. Thanks

Anonymous

need help connecting a teac aqg-3 equalizer to my home receiver. i do not have any books on the equalizer. i'm connecting to a jvc ax-50 receiver and a the cassette is a jvc kdv-400. again i need some help.

Unregistered guest
Equalizer questions for Technics SA-590: I cannot figure out how to work this equalizer in the SA590 receiver - can anyone help - does anyone have a manual for this equipment? Email me at Teach003@aol.com, thanks.

Username: Dodadadio

Post Number: 1
I have a Kenwood High speed DC intergrated amp model KA-701. I would like to connect a spextro acoustics equalizer to the Kenwood. I have no manuals. The Kenwood has no EQ connections. It has photo 1 & 2, tuner, AUX,TAPE A-B. The spectro has Main, 2 main in/out, 2 tape in/out. Can someone please help me figure out how to do this. I would like to run the tape deck through the equalizer, if that is the only thing i can do.

Unregistered guest
i have a denon avr 3803 , recently i got bose 901
the bose 901 has a dedicated equaliser , without which it sounds crap , i need to hook up my equaliser so that the equaliser only powers the front speakers , and not the surrounds ( 4 ) and subwoofer , right now i have connected my dvd to the equaliser , and the equaliser to the amp , but in this way i cannot use my optical cable and the equaliser drives all my speakers . pls send me a mail at roller@vsnl.com

Anonymous

for all ye people who post in the future:

why cant you READ the previous postings before posting your question ?? A couple of anonymous postings were so informative, you should have got your answer right there !

Some people NEVER LEARN !

rr
Unregistered guest
Hi ...
I have the Yamaha HTR5660 and the damn thing didnt come with a Tape Monitor feature. It doesnt even have a Tape feature. Leave aside the oversight or purposeful pushing of these recvr manufacturers to make us go for more expensive sound because of the crappy sound these produce, (my earlier cheap Technics receiver gave BETTER sound than this HTR5660) is there any way at all to attach an EQ to this rcvr ?
If not, I am planning on returning this and going for the Onkyo SR510, which seems to feature a Tape (NOT Tape Monitor) feature...can some audio expert tell me whether this is the same ? Whether this will enable me to listen via the equalizer while listening to FM/CD ? I am confused because it doesnt say 'Tape Monitor' it says just 'Tape'.
It also has the same no. of jacks needed for a Tape Monitor...4. (2 in + 2 out)...

large diagram: http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?s=0&cc=01&g=10420& id=morephotos&i=580TXS501S&pi=2&display=XL

Any help will be well appreciated !
rr

ME, THE ANONYMOUS ONE
Unregistered guest
its simple. by the way, im anonymous that posted on the sony 675 and my bro's onkyo.
lets say you want to hook up a cd player to your receiver. you hook up audio out on your cd player to audio in on your receiver.
the equalizer is in the middle. you hook up your audio out on your cd player to main in (tape in)
whatever its called on your eq. then from main out or tape out, you go into cd audio in. same goes for everything else. it all depends on your eq ins and outs and your in and outs on your receiver. some eq's like mine have a video/audio switch and on the back you have video-in/video/out , audio-in/audio-out. just switch between each one. just like on and off.
think about it. YOU'RE LOOPING THRU YOUR EQ. you just dont have tape monitor. i even have my computer running thru my equalizer. had to buy a ground loop isolator to get rid of the hum. great piece of equipment at radio shack for only 15 bucks. hope this helps

Hector
Unregistered guest
How do I connect an equalizer that has in the back 4 pairs of connections? 1 pair is tape playback, 1 for record out, 1 for in and 1 for out. The main receiver has 4 pairs of connections (2 for in, 2 for out)Please help me with my question. Thanks.

ME, THE ANONYMOUS ONE
Unregistered guest
what are you trying to hook up? whatever it is hook up your AUDIO OUT on your SOURCE to IN on your EQUALIZER then OUT from EQUALIZER into IN on RECEIVER. remember, its like hooking up cd or whatever straight to your receiver but you're going thru your EQUALIZER first.
AND DONT FORGET TO SELECT *~ANALOG~* FOR SOURCE BEING USED WITH EQUALIZER.
hope this helps.
i love to tweak my music and i just sat behind my stereo rack and unplugged everthing until i figured it out. remember that you might have to go 2 channel if using a sub, depending of course on the size of your front speakers.

swampcat
Unregistered guest
I use my EQ thru a second tape loop so i can switch it in and out , without interfearing with rest of system. Rarely use at all. Rarely need.

Unregistered guest
I have a Pioneer graphic equalizer amplifier BP-780. Is there any way to hooke it straight up to my cd player? It has one set of rca plugs that say pin jack, something called booster and something that says compo. I'm totally clueless as to how to hook it up. Can Anyone help?

Username: Elvira

Hoquiam, WA United States

Can anyone help me find a wiring diagram for a alpine graphic equalizer model #3214?

po
Unregistered guest
alright, I got a Yamaha ge-30, and a Kenwood VR-615 reciever... hook me up!.. also will I have to choose which ONE function to use it on? or will I be able to use it on all functions? like dvd mode, aux mode, cd mode, and so on.

Anonymous

Hello all,
I recently bought a pre-owned DENON PMA2000R (1st generation) and I know try to connect my old EQ to it. I have tried several things only getting it to work with the tape as a source.

The EQ is a Fisher EQ 870, It only has contacts for tape in and tape out. The line IN and line OUT is connected directly to the EQ without having the possibility to remove it (like a power cord).

On the DENON I have TAPE 1 and TAPE 2. I don't have a pre-amp.

I don't have any tape monitor on the front but REC OUT where I can choose TAPE 1->2 (and other sources as well of course).

When reading the EQ-manual, it says that there are only 2 main ways to connect the EQ:
1a. Between a pre-amp and the main-amp if separate machines.
1b. If integrated amp, if there is a a signal processor connector pair (i.e. a separator between the pre-amp and the main-amp) this can be choosen.
1a and 1b is for just enhancing the listening.
2. By connecting the tape to the eq and the eq to tape 1 on amp.
This choice is for recording.

I tried 2, and as said above, it works for playing tapes but no more signal source. I try to push all the buttons on the EQ, nothing happens.

I thought that 1b was equivalent to using TAPE 2.

What have I done wrong? Or could it be the case that this EQ is not possible to use with the DENON.

I appreciate any ideas, hints etc. In the meanwhile, I will continue trying.

Thanks
RW

Anonymous

Hello all,

I read the instructions from Derek 3 more times and I understood what was wrong!!!

I had to set the input selector to TAPE 2 and the rec out to the ACTIVE signal source!!!!

So, disregard my previous post and thanks for all good inputs!

(The next step is to figure out how to connect a signal processor so I can simulate an HT with 5 channels)
Thanks
RW

Cheap Date
Unregistered guest
[quote]Hi ...
I have the Yamaha HTR5660 and the damn thing didnt come with a Tape Monitor feature. It doesnt even have a Tape feature. Leave aside the oversight or purposeful pushing of these recvr manufacturers to make us go for more expensive sound because of the crappy sound these produce, (my earlier cheap Technics receiver gave BETTER sound than this HTR5660) is there any way at all to attach an EQ to this rcvr ?
If not, I am planning on returning this and going for the Onkyo SR510, which seems to feature a Tape (NOT Tape Monitor) feature...can some audio expert tell me whether this is the same ? Whether this will enable me to listen via the equalizer while listening to FM/CD ? I am confused because it doesnt say 'Tape Monitor' it says just 'Tape'.
It also has the same no. of jacks needed for a Tape Monitor...4. (2 in + 2 out)... [/quote]

Actually you can still use the EQ with the HTR5650 and get the sound quality you desire. There are two ways actually. First way is to use the REC out from the HTR and connect it to the IN on your EQ. Next, if you want all SIX channels then simply split the output from the EQ to the 6.1 Input on the receiver. Now you have all six channels sharing the analog stereo signal. Downside is you are in 6.1 mode so you cannot use all of the cool surround effect built in to the receiver.
Your other option is to go into diagnostic mode. To do this press the 6.1 and stereo buttons together at the same time and then press standby(while the unit is off) Now you will be in diag mode which will give you the opportunity to really dial in the receiver. At this point you can choose surround settings for the 6.1 input(auto is best). When you watch a DVD it will default to the 5.1 standard and still enable you to manually produce a surround effect. Kinda a pain in the a$$ but is the only option really.

Hope Im not too late.

Unregistered guest
Help, I bought a used Technics SA-GX 350 Receiver, Sl-B2 Turntable and a SL-PD845 Disc Changer. I don't know how these pieces are and I don't have any User Manuals. The Receiver works but I can't get the CD changer or Turntable to work, do I need an equalizer - I was tolds the receiver had a built in equalizer.

female with electronic issues
Unregistered guest
i have a Technics SL-B2 turntable and i hooked it up to my stereo. sound comes out but not enough. there is a ground wire but i am not quite sure how it works or what i should do with it. there is a ground wire slot in the back of the stereo but it is not for the same type of wire the turntable has. i need help. thanks

Silver Member
Username: Gman

Mt. Pleasant, SC

Post Number: 612
Does your stereo receiver have a phono input, or are you using an aux. input for the turntable? If you are using an aux. input, to put it in layman terms--it doesn't have enough "oomph" to increase the phono signal sufficiently for the preamp section to amplify the signal frpm the phono cartridge enough for the amp section of your receiver. The aux inputs are generally used for VCR's, cd players, tuners, etc--not turntables.

You would have to buy a phono stage amp to plug into the aux on the back of the receiver and then plug your turntable into the phono amp.

Also, since there are two basic kinds of phono cartridges--mm (moving magnet) and mc (moving coil) you need to buy a phono amp that is either compatible with both types, or at least with the type you are using--which is probably a moving magnet cartridge.

So let us know if your receiver has a phono input or not. If it doesn't--that is undoubtedly your problem.

Unregistered guest
i have a marantz sr7300 and would like to hook up an EQ! Can I do this? And how would I do this?

benj
Unregistered guest
Hi,Im trying to get a signal to go from my VPI turntable through my audiosource eq200 to my nakamichi 200 tape deck so I can record equalized recordings.My Denon 4802r reciever does not have a dat/monitor button on it to process the sound throughout like my old Denon did.Can anyone help?Im currently just equalizing the signal from the turntable to the eq,to the reciever

benj
Unregistered guest
Hi,Im trying to get a signal to go from my VPI turntable through my audiosource eq200 to my nakamichi 200 tape deck so I can record equalized recordings.My Denon 4802r reciever does not have a dat/monitor button on it to process the sound throughout like my old Denon did.Can anyone help?Im currently just equalizing the signal from the turntable to the eq,to the reciever

benj
Unregistered guest

Benj
Unregistered guest
Nevermind everone.I figured out what I was doing wrong.The answer was under my nose the whole time.Thanx anyway

Unregistered guest
I have a Denon 2105 with no tape monitor, just pre-amp out and external in RCA jacks with labeling for front speakers in each grouping, which is all I'm concerned with. The company said there's no way to hook in an EQ, but I don't know if that's the standard company line or not. Any way to do this? I don't want to cause any damage to the receiver.

ammy
Unregistered guest
is it possible to install a eq on 99 camry with a stock system and no amps
please help me thanx

Unregistered guest
hey necesito tu ayuda porfavor quisiera saber como conecto un equalizador marca realists modeli 12-1955A a un stereo de auto el equalizador trae solo dos plug y en los cables son dos blancos ,dos grises ,dos cafes dos verdes, dos rojos y una tierra

Unregistered guest
I'm trying to hookup my bose 901's with my sansui sx1130 reciever. I have the tape out from the EQ hooked to rec on tape 2 and the tape in from the EQ hooked to play on tape 2. No sound with tape 2 engaged on rec. Sound but no EQ with tape 2 disengaged.

Unregistered guest
I am trying to hook up my bose 901 equalizer with my Onkyo receiver. How do I have to hook it up so that it can play through the tape monitor 2. I am hooking up a CD player, cassette player, phono all those copmponents.

Calmy
Unregistered guest
I would like to install an equalizer Audio source
to my sony receiver STR-DE445. I get :
1- one Deck dual tape
2- One dual Cd ( Play & Recorder)
3- Sony Receiver STR-DE445
4- Audio Source Equalizer ( 10 Bands)
Please can you show me or tell me how to Hook up them together for listening better sound .

Thanks.

God Bless

cant recall
Unregistered guest
Hope someone can help, I bought a used kenwood kr-v990d receiver and a teac eqa30bl equalizer and need help connecting it. I would like to use the eq for the fm radio cant remember if this is possible or are they just for add on components.

silverface
Unregistered guest
Hi. I have my receiver (Pioneer SX 1250) running into a Teac 1010 EQ. From there, I have the eq running into a Marantz 3200 pre amp thru the tuner in. I have the Marantz going into a Mcintosh mc2200 amp. My speakers come off the 2200. I have more noise than I like. Any better way to hook this up is welcomed. Thanks, I wish I would have stopped when it sounded perfect. Trying to get back.

Username: Texasholdemkid

Post Number: 6
where do i start? I want to buy an equalizer online..anyone?

Username: Texasholdemkid

Post Number: 7
anyone?

Anonymous

to Texas Hold'em Kid: the Alesis Equalizer would be a good one, you can buy if from www.bhphotovideo.com, they have good price and good service reputation

Unregistered guest
I have a Kenwood KA-791 intregated amp with no tape monitor button ,but a Tape 1 and Tape 2 selectors. I also have a ADC equalizer with a Tape Mon, Tape Out , Input and Output Jacks, How do I hook up EQ so I can enjoy all my components, ie;.... CD, Tape deck, phono and video?

anthony_b29
Unregistered guest
I have Yamaha HTR-57460 and the sound quality is overall subpar. I recently hooked up Winamp playing on my laptop thru the Video-Aux RCA IN and activating the Winamp 10-band graphic equalizer made the sound so much richer. Now I'm thinking about buying an equalizer. What's the very best out there for a reasonable price that I can easily connect to the system?

Anonymous

I have an ADCOM pre amp and an ADCOM power amp. I just obtained a used American Audio xeq-312 equalizer. I did not get a manual for the eqaulizer and I looked on the internet for information on how to connect it to my system. I found out that the eq is usde by djs. Can any one tell me if I can hook this eq to my system. Thanks ahead.

Anonymous

Are there equalizers with a built in AMP...i just want a little more power for a sub in the car....i have a Sony Xplod 45x4 CD receiver (1 pair preamp output).

Unregistered guest
I have a Kenwood vR-6050 surround receiver.I am rying to get a boost with a audiosource EQ? My receiver has no moniter button.It has tape rca out and in.Cd in and outs.Phono in and out.I tried several ways to get boost I do get a signal coming out of my EQ but no boost what am I doing wrong.The eq has as follows.Main in audio and video- out - Tape mon-rec?

Unregistered guest
I have a Kenwood vR-6050 surround receiver.I am rying to get a boost with a audiosource EQ? My receiver has no moniter button.It has tape rca out and in.Cd in and outs.Phono in and out.I tried several ways to get boost I do get a signal coming out of my EQ but no boost what am I doing wrong.The eq has as follows.Main in audio and video- out - Tape mon-rec?

Username: Boxing2008

i need help instaling a { pyramid-stereo graphic equalizer with echo effect model # SE707 echo } into a 1995 geo metro or what the what wires go were please help me

Unregistered guest
I have a power acoustik 7 band equalizer. But at the same time I have a Pioneer Premier DEH 8600MP in dash radio. And the radio has a built in equalizer. On the back of the radio, there is a SUBWOOFER-OUTPUT, MID-OUTPUT, and HIGH-OUTPUT. How can I run the radio to the equalizer so I can get it's best sound!

Username: Shitforbrains65

Okay...let me throw some more into the mix...

Pioneer 9500 EQ, Pioneer RG1 Dynamic Processor, Pioneer SR-202 Reverberation Amplifier to a Pioneer SX-3700 Receiver? There are two tape monitors on the reciver...two on the reverb...one on the processor...and one on the EQ.

I'm assuming that I daisy-chain everything through my receiver's tape monitor A? I'll have my reel to reel in tape monitor B on the receiver? Where to daisy-chain? On the devices tape monitors? Where would one add two cassette decks to the mix?

Wire, wires, everywhere...and not a note of sound to hear!

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 3077
This post is just because I look at this site at work during my lunch and the last poster's name won't fly at work (I work for the State of Oregon).

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 1196
Gotta admit, it was a good name...

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 2249
A rose, by any other name, might smell so sweet as...Shitforbrains

Username: Frank1203

Post Number: 4
Hi,

I have a Rotel RMB-1075 - AMP and a RSX-1056 Receiver. I have 2 front Paradigm Speakers bi-amped to the 1075 AMP (4 inputs)along with the Center Channel (1 input). I have my two rears connected to the 1056 Receiver. I want to add on an Equalizer to control every source (TV; CD; DVD and Tuner). How would I do that?

Username: Tbservices1

Panama City, FL USA

Post Number: 2
Lost my hook-up diagram and I need assistance in hooking up the following components:
a. Sansui Integrated Amp, Mod# AU-D7
b. Pioneer Audio Digital Timer, Mod# DT 500
c. Akai GX-77 4 Track Stereo Tape Deck
d. Pioneer RG Dynamic Processor, Mod# RG-2
e. Akai Stereo Cassette Deck, Mod# CS-F33R
f. ADC Stereo Frequency Equalizer,- Sound Shaper Two IC
g. Dynamic Range Enhancer, DBX 118

Username: Deepak

Post Number: 8
i have the onkyo sr803 av-amp, which is connected to the bose 901 speakers. the amp is hdmi, how can i get the hdmi sound through the eq of the 901 bose. thankyou

Bronze Member
Username: Shane24

Post Number: 75
are the 901's series 6... and how's the bass on those spks..

Username: Bilstacey

Wingham, ON Canada

i have the following equipment with no manuals and would appreciate if anyone could tell me the correct sequence and proper setup to get it running correctly. thank you in advance
1/ pioneer stereo amp model a-616. has reciever selector and input selector on the front with earphone input and many different inputs in the back including phono, tuner, cd, line i, line 2 etc
2/pioneer tuner model f-551
3/realistic cd model cd-2800
4/ curtis stereo graphic equalizer hq-20
5/sony pslx250h turntable with preamp

Username: Kylecurtiss

Urbana, Illinois US

I was wondering if someone could tell me if this connection is going to work with my equalizer. Best buy said it should work in a chain but I want to make sure. If I could connect my 5 disk changer cd player to the equalizer and then the equalizer to the reciever in the cd port (red and white). this is pretty much the only way to do this with my setup. Let me know what ya think

Gold Member

Post Number: 9285
What, you don't trust the guys at BB?

Username: Kylecurtiss

Urbana, Illinois US

Post Number: 2
There ok, if you can get them to talk. Not even half way into the conversation he was trying to get me to buy an installation for no reason. I was trying to ask how to hook this up. That was after I called back three times because they didnt know how to direct my call to the audio department. But do you think this will work without everything being plugged into the reciever?

Username: Zipidachimp

Surrey, B.c. Canada

Post Number: 8
dbx eqs seem to be the answer. one connection for left in, one for left out. one connection for right in, one for right out. dbx 215 or dbx231 $150.00

Gold Member

Post Number: 9469
Chimp, this is still a graphic EQ., as compared to a good parabolic unit. However, the XLR is a good thing. Unfortunately, this EQ is using circuitry for the babance, not a seperate transformer.
Give and take.
Behringer offers a wider selection at this price point, I think.

Surrey, B.c. Canada

Post Number: 9
I'm a total noob. don't understand your answer. I canned my radioshack eq because of hookup problems.
i need simplicity, also i'm lazy. can you expand? talk at ya later.

Surrey, B.c. Canada

Post Number: 10
a dealer in my city has a behringer fbq1502 for $120.
looks like a deal.

Username: Pafstormcrow

Sacramento , CA Usa

I have an Onkyo TX-SR505 AV Receiver with a single tape circuit (not labeled tape monitor). I would like to hook my Bose 901 EQ to this setup. Any help is appreciated.

Phil

Username: Basshead87

I have a Denon AVR 888. How do I hook up my BOSE 901 EQ?

Username: Captnsuprise

Help Needed,
If someone has any advice on how to connect a ADC sound shaper 2 equalizer to a pioneer sx-980 stereo reciever I would be forever greatful...
Thanks Scott

Bronze Member

Surrey, B.c. Canada

Post Number: 11
my experience says you can equalize a cd player etc, before connecting to a receiver. I don't think you can equalize the sound from the receiver alone. my 2 cents!
think: the equalizer has no speaker connections. only the amplifier section of the receiver connects to the speakers. only input upstream of the receiver can be equalized.
correct me if I'm wrong.

Username: Jimbollo

I have a Fisher system. I need help connecting my eq to it please. All components are Fisher.
The eq, Fisher eq-885 has a line in right and left, a line out right and left, a tape rec. out right and left, and a P.B. right and left.
The Amp, Fisher CA-890, has tape rec. out right and left, tape P.B. right and left, along with the various other inputs for the rest of the components ie, phono, cd, tuner etc. The amp does not have the tape 2 option.
The tape deck, Fisher CR-W56, has line in (record)right and left, and line out (playback)right and left. Please help me make sense out of all this. For the moment I have it looped in with my CD player but I'd like for it to work with all the components. Your help is deeply appreciated. Thank you.

Username: Bisonrecords

Hey Listen evryone I just need a little help without criticism. I am getting too old for this crap and need some help hooking up a graphic equalizer I recently bought for my old stereo system. I have a Garrard Turntable, A Sony Dual Cassette Recorderr, Pioneer CD Player, and A Fisher Graphic EQ. My Amp / Tuner does have A Tape Monitor button , whatever that means. I would like to know how to add this graphic EQ to my system as everything is working great etc etc etc.
Help me if you can.

Username: Niomieavery73

Shelton, Ct United states

hi i bought a harman/kardon 230e reciever and i got a equalizer and a samsung dlp tv how do i hook them up so i can use it with my tv and dvd player

Username: Allibabba2

Fayetteville, New York USA

Need help installing DBX2015g equalizer, DBX120ds subharmonic synthesizer, and DBXdav600route selector, I have a Onkyo M-504 amplifier with one iput, Onkyo Preamplifier p304, with output,l line 1, line
2 phono, tuner, cd, tape 1dat, tape 2. Please your assistance will be greatly appreciated!

Username: Braun888

anyone ever heard of a "Reference 210 EQ" by Quadraflex?
trying to wire it to a VSX-505S Pioneer Reciever.So itworks with other components(tuner,cassette,cd,vhs,dvd).EQ has a sets of tape mono,tape out,input an output jacks.

Username: Tomfw

Warwick, RI USA

Can I install a Sony Graphics equalizer SEQ711 for use with a Technics turntable input to sherwood RX-4109 receiver? I was thinking of going forom turntable output to GE to phono input of the receiver. Bad idea? Please help.

Gold Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 1063
The EQ is looking for line level signals to distort, er I mean "adjust" and you are suggesting inserting it into a phono level signal. It may not cause any damage to anything but the question I have is why you would want to??

Username: Braun888

Post Number: 5
why am i getting emails that are replys to thomasF's questions?

Username: Safari89

Hello everyone, I have just purchased a pre-owned Pioneer VSX-1015TX-s receiver and have everything hooked up except my older Kenwood Model KE-205 EQ and just cannot figure out how to hook this up or if it will actually work with this receiver. I would appreciate any help that someone might be able to do for me...thank you

Username: Lurivera

Tengo un receptor sherwood rx-4109, se puede conectar un ecualizador.

Username: Abarrajitha

I have a denon AVR-1804/884 receiver, denon DCD-425 cd player and a Sansui SE-510 equalizer and I have not got a clue of connecting them. I would appreciate some productive advice on this issue. Thank you.

Username: Dholt96

I have an Outlaw RR2150 receiver, an Onkyo TA-RW505 cassette deck, a DBX 118 Dynamic Range Enhancer and a JVC SEA-20 Graphic Equalizer. I cannot figure out how to set this up with the DBX and equalizer. Can anybody help me?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us