Yamaha RXV 640

Giorgo
Unregistered guest
Hi all
I am looking for a receiver under 300$ and i found a Yamaha RXV 640 ,i know that is last year model but i think the price is right. Is it good receiver for movies and music or should i look something else like Sony or others?
Thanks!

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 792
Look for others, the Vx40-line isn't very good, it sounds flat, thin and too bright, and has weak multichannel power. Instead look for H/K, Marantz, Onkyo and Sony ES receivers.

Silver Member
Username: Rh1

Post Number: 209
If you can swing $400 you can pick up the new Pioneer 1014tx. It is quite nice from what I hear. I have not listened to it as of yet, however I was pleasantly suprised with the 914 model for the price of $300

Bronze Member
Username: Sinkdrain

Post Number: 19
Giorgo, I am in the same boat as you. I was leaning towards the yamaha but I am afraid of the thin tone for music. Everyone raves about the Harman Kardon so I tried to see if I can get them cheap enough. Pricegrabber.com should show the H/K avr 230 well within your price range

Giorgo
Unregistered guest
After reading many posts i think i am going to divert from Yamaha since they are good for movies only and not for music too.
Too bad i thought rxv640 was reliable receiver.
Thanks for the input guys!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us