Thoughts on Polk Monitor series?

Polk maybe?
Unregistered guest
I've read mixed reviews of recent Polk speakers. What do you think of the quality / price? What else should I be considering?

I'm considering buying the Monitor 70's (front) and 40's (rear) with the PSW12 (sub) and CS2 (center).

I have the HK AVR 7300.

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 705
I like Polk's but you are looking at their bottom line to pair with a $2000 receiver. I would look at the LSi line first and if you can't afford that then look at the RTi line. The Rti 10 might be a good choice for a floorstander and they are priced ok at Crutchfield and a mail order site that's been on this site call www.laxaudio.com has them at very low prices. I don't know anything about them so check them out. I talked to Polk about two weeks ago or so and they told me the Monitor line was designed specifically for Circuit City and the RTi line uses better drivers. They said even a lower priced RTi speaker will sound better than a more expensive Monitor because of better quality drivers. Good luck.

Username: Vjb

Post Number: 10
I just bought a pair of the RTi10's and they are freakin AWESOME. I talked to therealelitefan about it before purchasing them and they ROCK. I bought mine on Ebay, with it being marked Sealed in Factory box. Do NOT buy any speakers that you think might have been used or opened, if you're looking for quality. I had a friend with a bad experience with all that mess. The RTi12's are nice but have a 4ohm set up. Go for the LSi's if you can but the RTi10's are great.

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 707
I was incorrect on the website I mentioned. As I see on this page it's www.laxsales.com. Prices are incredible. Hope they are reputable.

Username: Kano

Post Number: 7
Yeah I went with the RTi8s for fronts and they have some kicka$$ bass, the RTi10s must really kick. I went with the PSW404 from Polk as the subwoofer... kind of without enough research... But I couldn't be happier, Polk makes good quality subwoofers.

Those monitors are fine, but just look at them compared to the RTis, you can see the difference in quality.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us