How do I format a CD-R ? Please Help!!!

Anonymous

I am trying to erase a CD by formatting it. I don't know of any software on my computer to format it. I have windows xp.
I tried right clicking on the C drive with the CD in it to see if "format" was an option. It wasn't. I don't know how to get the CD formatted.

Can anyone help me??? Any help would be greatly apprecaited.

Unregistered guest
i am trying to erase a CD by formatting it. I don't know of any software on my computer to format it. I have windows xp.
I tried right clicking on the C drive with the CD in it to see if "format" was an option. It wasn't. I don't know how to get the CD formatted.

Can anyone help me??? Any help would be greatly apprecaited

Unregistered guest
how are files on screen copied to cd? do i need a special program? is formatting required?

Unregistered guest
how are files on screen copied to cd? do i need a special program? is formatting required?

Unregistered guest
www.nero.com <<< you need that.
You wont need to format a blank cd
You CANT Format a CD-R..
If you download Nero.. and need more help
Contact me at
iavictor@tiscali.co.uk

Unregistered guest
I'm having the same problem. I can write data files to my CD-R, but then I can't delete them or update them. It says they are read only files. So is this just a function of CD-Rs, and not something I'm doing wrong? If I want to overwrite old data files on a CD, with updated files, or delete files all together, which type CD do I need to use?

Anonymous

i cant access my cd once its been written. i use nero and cd-r

Anonymous

How do I format a CD-R on my computer?

Guy who needs Help
Unregistered guest
You can not format a Cd-R you need to get a Rewritable Cd which will allow you to use it over and over again... Now what the crap does it mean by it could be using a format that is not compatble with windows (it's a Dvd-r)seeming as it worked on my cousins Pc? How can I access this Cd, it's got alot of stuff i need in there!
I would be very greatful if someone could help me out...
Contact me at Coolest_sam@hotmail.com...
Thanks

Anonymous

how do i format a cd -r on my computer?

Username: Idocanoe

Ely, MN US

Post Number: 1
Can I format a CD to play on my DVD player? The video I want to put on it is just 5 minutes.

Username: Username

Post Number: 2
in order to format the disk you will need to do the following:
wear latex gloves
put on safety goggles
wear protective clothing
prepare your funeral
take the disk and place in hand
throw the disk and destroy it

your welcome

Username: 696

Post Number: 1
You can not format nor delete any data of any kind on a cd-r (recordable cd) because the data is "melted" (burned) onto the cd-r so it cant be un-done. You need a cd-rw (rewrite-able) to "format" or delete the data stored.
-> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compact_Disc#Recordable_CD

-> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compact_Disc#ReWritable_CD
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us