Repair/upgrade

Username: Jimmything

Kannapolis, Nc Usa

Post Number: 1
Got an old Carver DTL-200MK2 cd player I purchased back in 1989(ancient!) built like a tank and still sounds decent, but is starting to skip every now and then. Lens has been cleaned. Does anyone know how I can repair/upgrade this player with better components? Thanks

juddhead
Unregistered guest
have pioneer deh 3500. one year old. purchased cd player without faceplate. after finding the correct faceplate, cd player puts out sound but face has no power showing whatsoever. is there a way to perform an hard e-prom reset internally?

Matthew Fleet
Unregistered guest
Hey Jim.

I have what sounds like the same problem with a 1989 Denon. I don't want to get rid of it coz it's excellent shape. Skips on Tracks 12, 13 or thereabout, on every disc played. Does your's do the same or are the skips more random? What do you think the problem is: I've cleaned by lense a number of times, cleaned the worm gears and sled drive mechanism, and it's not going to be a laser problem. How have you fared with your Carver? (The y just don't make 'em like they used to so it's a shame to get rid of).

mf.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us