Best time to buy?

Username: Axlrose19802002

Post Number: 41
i'm wondering if there is a best time of the year to buy as far as sales and model changes etc. go? i need to get my first home theater setup and would like to get one of this no interest for a year things, but also a good price. i want a marantz receiver with def-tech speakers. is there a time of the year to watch for models to be outdated and thus on sale as the new model comes in? thanks for any help.

Username: Geekboy

Post Number: 87
matthew: best time? sort of. The Consumer Electronics Show just got over (in January) and manufacturers introduced/announced their new product line for 2004! This means the older product is being pushed out the door fast -- at, sometimes, amazing prices. Most of them have their new 2004 products in the stores, so the 2003 models are being sold below MSRP. I don't know when the next cycle is... you'll have to ask others about "market timing". :-)

Username: Billdashill

Post Number: 39
April-December. I'm waiting for later in the year to reconsider the NAD's.

Username: Axlrose19802002

Post Number: 42
jeff, you said april and december are the best months? why is that? from personal experience? have you purchased in those months before? thanks.

Username: Billdashill

Post Number: 40
April-December in other words from April thru December. I said April because the CES hype is well over by this time and people usually start to buy the products in quantity that were hyped at the show in April. The previous years products start to get discounted shortly after the April wave of new product appears.

Some of the new products like Marantz and NAD are already out and I make it a habit not to be an early adopter cause it usually means working out bug problems from first run manufactered products.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us