Im looking at buying a new system from scratch i need help

Username: Jake272727

Vernal, Ut Usa

Post Number: 1
Im starting with any suggestions and help you might give me so far this is what im leaning toward. SVS PB2-ISD for my sub, hk AVR 430, for my reciever and Fluance sx-htb for my suround costing me about 1700 total please help me to make sure i dont make a huge mistake thanks.

Vernal, Ut Usa

Post Number: 2
also i was wondering if im really getting all my bang for my buck such as is the reciever very good or should i get something better i have about 2 grand to spend on the whole system.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1592
Not a bad start, nice sub, too.
Why such a big budget on the sub? Totally disproportionate to the Surround speakers?

Vernal, Ut Usa

Post Number: 4
well i love the base at the movies and i really could not find any good reviews on any surround sound speakers and all i could find on recievers is everyone likes the one they got i never hear the negetives id like even a thx reciever but again i dont know what really would sound good.

Vernal, Ut Usa

Post Number: 5
also ive seen nothing but good reviews about the fluance speakers.

Vernal, Ut Usa

Post Number: 6
i also like this reciever Harman Kardon AVR 630

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1597
Looks like you have it all figured out and you seem to know what you want.
Have you checked out the set up from Ascend Acoustics, using the CBM 170s for all surrounds and an HSU subwoofer?
http://www.ascendacoustics.com/pages/products/speakers/cbm170/cbm170.html

they are also selling the HK for a discount, so check them out if you can save a few bucks.

Bronze Member
Username: Hokievt

Post Number: 39
I have the SX-HTB's and I would think you could get a better speaker for $1700.

Silver Member
Username: Rh1

Post Number: 172
Check out Tannoy fusion speakers, this will fit quite nicely in your budget. These speakers are excellent for this price and would match nicely with you H/K receiver. I listened to them yesterday on the H/K 330. Very detailed throughout

http://shop4.outpost.com/product/4185153

Vernal, Ut Usa

Post Number: 8
ok tell me me what u think on these. Harman Kardon AVR 630 or should i get a yamaha or is there something better in my 2000 dollar budget i should get.

Vernal, Ut Usa

Post Number: 10
SVS PB2-ISD or an hsu sub i could buy two hsu vtf-2 for less money but i dont know if it would sound as good.

Bronze Member

Vernal, Ut Usa

Post Number: 12
SVS PB2-ISD or an hsu sub i could buy two hsu vtf-2 for less money but i dont know if it would sound as good. I like those surround speakers u mentioned but would i be be better off getting the system or just buy indavidualy.

Silver Member

Post Number: 173
I would definately go with the H/K receiver over Yamaha. I would agree that you should spend a little less of your budget on the sub than what you have in mind. Even if you like a lot of bass. I would stick to something like $1000 for speakers, $600 receiver, and $400 sub. This would give you what you desire. You could certainly get enough sub with $400 by shopping around. Why not the Svs pb10-isd?

Silver Member

Post Number: 174
You could also try the Earthquake JR, I think those run about $500

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 762
I agree with vols. 1000/400/600 sounds like an ok budget balance. Although I would still put a little more to the speakers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us