Is ecoustics Canadian?

peach head
Unregistered guest
I need to ask a few questions
---Is ecoustics sponsored by Canadian speaker companies or the Canadian NRC? It seems that the most highly touted equipment is Canadian. Is Canadian just better, or is there a "spin" going on here?
--What are the best American speakers in the $500-1000 range?

Username: Edison

Post Number: 304
I am pretty sure it's not - they just make good speakers - perhaps it's because their government supports the industry by letting them use the government research lab.

We do make good speakers like NHT, Swans, Ascendacoustics, Rocket.

Anonymous

I think there are a good amount Canadian's on the board. Plus it is decent bang for your buck mid hi-fi equipment and I have noticed there really aren't any high end audiophiles using this forum. If there were, the seperates section would be much more active than the receiever section.
What kind of American speakers bookshelf, floorstanders?

Username: Stone

Post Number: 17
Green Mountain Audio has quickly established a cult following among audiophiles in the US. Many think the Europas are destined to become an American classic. The bookshelf Europa's can be had for around 1000.00. They are superbly made using some sort of cast marble for the outer casing which is heavy and rigid. 45 lbs. each.

Username: John_a

Post Number: 113
I have been reading and posting here for some months and see no evidence of spin. What you read here is just what people choose to post.

Some brands are not available at all in Europe, where I am. If I lived in US and wanted to buy US I would have a good hard look at Magnepan speakers (from Minnesota, I think), from what I read here. Wish they exported.

Username: Edison

Post Number: 306
I heard that you can get Maggies in Europe - if you really wanted, post it here and someone might know the sight.

Post Number: 115
Thanks, James. I am not in the market at the moment. Yes, you can get them. I implied you cannot, and that is incorrect. But the dealers are very thin on the ground and you do not have the alternative of direct sale. Same with Outlaw audio, another name I learned here, but have never seen or heard in the shops.

peach
Unregistered guest
So maybe what I'd like to know is what are the top 3-4 speakers from each major speaker country---Canada, Great Britain, USA, etc.

Anonymous

So maybe what I'd like to know is what are the top 3-4 speakers from each major speaker country---Canada, Great Britain, USA, etc.
-----

Why do you want to know? If your going to invest in the best speakers you are talking in the range of tens of thousands of dollars upwards to $100k and personally I would not make that kind if investment just from the recommendations recieved in a forum.
The question is really too broad. Are you trying to find out what speaker manufacturers have the reputation of making the most quality equipment? There are tons of small company's in the US. Britan has many quality makers that suit particular listening tastes. Focus the question and you may get better help.

Post Number: 118
peach,

Anonymous is correct. There really is no anwser to your question. Dividing speakers according to "major speaker country" (manufacture; design; ownership; biggest market ..? - all separate questions) suggests you already weigh factors other than sound quality, and are interested in brand positioning in markets.

We have had discussions before about whether there are market researchers posting incognito here. Broad "attitude" questions always make me wonder. If you will be clear then there are lots of honest folk here who will be glad to try to help.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us