Bose Feespace 6 loudspeakers???

Username: Will_i_am_1

Post Number: 1
I am new to this site, but I am here looking for a little info. Does anyone out there know anything about Bose Freespace 6 loudspeakers? A have the opportunity to pick up a set of these speakers from a closing retail location for a seemingly good deal. I know the Bose name is a standard for quality, but can these particular speakers be hooked up to a normal home stereo system for surround sound instead of the intended Bose paging/music system? I believe these speakers are 4ohm, does that create a problem? Thanks in advance.

Will

Bronze Member
Username: Rickypearson

Post Number: 50
No its Shouldnt Creat a Problem as long as Your Amp or A/V Receiver is Rated for 4 Ohms other wise Youl just be putting a lot of Strain on the Receiver, and also Bose isnt really the Greatested Quality for what they Charge I would Maybe Steer away and Look at some Home Theater Floor Stading Speakers, Hope this helps

Silver Member
Username: Rh1

Post Number: 157
will...you won't find many Bose fans here. If they are cheap enough (i don't know your budget)and they sound good to you then go for it, but your money would be better spent on other speakers

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 748
Bose name is standard for lowest quality for price ratio.

Post Number: 2
Although I do value and respect opinions from those that are well informed, I am actually looking more for technical information about these type of speakers. From what I can tell, these speakers are part of a commercial type speaker system that integrates intercom and music. What I was wanting to know is whether these speakers, which are intended to be used with this special system, can be used with a traditional surround sound system. Thanks for the opinions, I will definitely keep everything in mind. I also don't plan on spending much on these, that is why I'm interested in them.

Silver Member

Post Number: 751
What are you going to with those by the way? Plant them to your garden or something similar? You will get better sound from any $100/pair speakers, so if you dont really need those I suggest you forget them.

Silver Member

Post Number: 752
:-) Slight mistake. The 6 is not the same as 51. Uuh, I dont know, maybe you can try them before buying.

Bronze Member
Username: Nm2285

Delaware

Post Number: 27
Bose quality is already poor. Using speakers that are meant for professional applications like those you've outlined would probably not be a good idea with any brand. They're meant to do different things-loudness and dispersion being one. Home theater and this type have very different goals in mind.

The combination of Bose and functionality would tell me to steer away.

Post Number: 6
Yeah, That is what I have started thinking too. No sence in putting money in something that won't evenually give you what you want, even if it seems like a good deal. Thanks for the reply.

Has anyone had any experience with BIC America's in wall/ceiling speakers?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us