Audition: DynAudio 72se and Naim Ariva

JWS
Unregistered guest
Tough choice here. Ariva with tighter base, Dyn's a bit fuller. Both with the Naim Nait 5i and CD 5i. What an experience! Both lines are just now becoming available, both in the 2400 - 2500 price range. Both draw from bigger bro's. Thinking Naim are the call, but going to make a part of HT, so Dyn's easier to match. I finally realized what the term "struck a chord" means with the Naims.

Bronze Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 60
Hey JWS,

Naim launched their new AV speaker system at the HiFi show last week. There's new standmounts (the NSats), a new sub (The NSub) and a new smaller centre (I guess it's the NCentre). Sounded great even though they were brand new and not run in yet! So now you have a half decent choice between Dyn and Naim. Personally, I'd have thought the 72SE to be a bit much for the Nait5i in terms of load, although it's got as lot more power than the older Naits. Finally, have a listen to Totem Arros with the CD5i/Nait5i combination - magic!

JWS
Unregistered guest
Thanks Frank!

The new NAIT 5i plays better with other speakers (and components) than predecessors. Also the 50 W is real power. Did not know about the Naim AV system, so that helps. Thought Dyn to be better because of easier AV matching, so that's not an issue now. Thanks also for the tip on the Totem Arros! Leaning towards the Dyn after first hearing against the Naim Ariva because it's a nice mixture of warmth and fullness in a speaker vs. accuracy in components. The Ariva's precision was almost too much, but some of the sounds moved me like never before...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us