Warm speaker w/ warm HK receiver?

Username: Bttb

Post Number: 7
I just bought Energy C-3, warm sepakers as I heard of, and I had Harman Kardon 230 receiver which also said to be warm. I read some people warning that Harman Kardon is not a good choice for Energy speakers. I tried them together, and it just sounds wonderful. I tried with Onkyo 502 (which said to be a bright receiver), but I liked Harman Kardon more. Even though I'm satisfied with Harman Kardon and Energy, being a complete newbie, I might just be satisfied anyways. So, please clarify this for me. Harman Kardon receiver and Energy speakers are really a bad combo? or is it more of a personal preference? Since it's my first audio setup, I have some doubts if my system is the best I can do for my limited budget.

p.s)I have an option to return Harman Kardon receiver within 20 days, so if there's a better receiver to match my Energy speakers, please suggest some receivers under $350.

Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1512
Personal preference, if you like the sound, no one can tell that you shouldn't.
Enjoy it!

Post Number: 8
Thanks Berny! I mean I really enjoy the sound! you know it's my first audio setup. :-) I'm confident with my choice of Energy speakers. But, since only receivers I have listened are Onkyo and Harman Kardon, I keep thinking that there might be a better matching (not more expensive) receiver to make the great sound even greater. Do you think I'm picky? :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1513
Picky??? nah!:-)

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 682
I have never thought of Energy speakers to be warm and would think they would sound very good with a H/K.If you like it just enjoy.

Bronze Member
Username: Nm2285

Delaware

Post Number: 18
I agree. I've never considered the Energy speakers warm either. I enjoyed Marantz when I heard that with them, and thats a bit of a darker receiver like the HK. Glad you're happy!

Bronze Member
Username: Bleustar

Pensacola, Florida

Post Number: 81
You have a good match. I would stick with it if you like the sound. The grass won't be any greener unless you are going to spend much more on your receiver.

Post Number: 9
Thanks a lot guys! There's no doubt in my mind now. :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1554
Doubt leads to fear, fear leads to anger and anger is of the dark side...henceforth you will buy more audio equipment....hmmm, is that really a bad thing???
I rant...as Roseanne Rossana Dana says... "never mind!!!"
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us