Therealelitefan I have a few questions for you if you don't mind taking a minute

Username: Vjb

Post Number: 9
I have decided to get the RTi10's for my front floor standing speakers. I have also purchsed my HK AVR230 and my THX wire. I have a question for you about the power source. Do you think that the "Monster Power" saver is worth buying and if so or not, which would you recommend??? Also do you know of any good online stores to Purchase from??? I got the offer of 850 with shipping for the RTi's but I'm wondering if I can do any better somewhere else. Cruthchfeild is Crap and I hate their company. I can't find any RTi10's on ebay either. Please let me know what you think. THANKS FOR YOUR TIME!

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 679
Vincent,
All I can tell you is that in my area the only Polk dealers are big mass market stores like Circuit City which no longer carries the Rti series and a store called American that sells at list prices. I don't know what is in your area but the Crutchfield prices in this case seem good to me and I don't like buying from them usually based on price but their service has always been first rate and you can return the Polk's in thirty days if you don't like them. As to the Power Saver I don't have any experience with it so can't give a definate answer but in general I have always been very dubvious of any of this kind of equipment. I have never felt the need to buy a line conditioner or any such stuff and am not convinced that kind of equipment gives a good return on your money. I do think a very good surge suppressor is very important and I found a real bargain at my local Interstate Battery store. They sell a 7 outlet unit from Intermatic that has 2800 jules and 300 clamping rating for only $21. In my work I have bought Intermatic product for 20 years or so and they make great products. This one I highly recommend.

Silver Member
Username: Rh1

Post Number: 132
From a previous post...If you are experiencing trouble with the picture on your tv if say you turn on a blender then you would need a line conditioner, otherwise no.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us