Amp for axiom m3

Anonymous

i bought a pair of axiom m3ti and was looking for a good amp to pair them with. I'm willing to pay about 450$. I would prefer a powerful amp, but I also want good sound. I was thinking maybe NAD, but i dont know what I would get for that price.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1499
You could probably get a pre-owned NAD for that. Have you tried audiogon.com?
Look at HK and Marantz, they pair well with Axioms. But Axioms pair well with a lot of receivers, so keep that in mind.

Bronze Member
Username: Ben805

Post Number: 24
I have the Axiom M2i and the HK 3480 stereo receiver. It's rated at 120w x 2, extremely clean and very powerful, excellent match for M2i, M3ti or M22ti. I bought the 3480 from J&R for $299.00 shipped, retail for $499.00 at Circuit City. This receiver sounds similar to my $1100.00 Odyssey Stratos amp.

Bronze Member
Username: Danman

Post Number: 90
You are pretty close to the price of a NAD 320BEE. This is a good amp for the price and I had this with the M3's before getting the M60's and a NAD 372 with all 4 hooked up. I would suggest a sub if you like bass as the M3's are a very clean and neutral speaker not bloated with fake bass.

Anonymous

what would be the advantages of buying a reciever instead of just an amplifier? I dont listen to radio and only have one source for audio(dvd/cd player).

I have a 80$ sony dvp-ns325 to play my dvd and cds, would the DAC in the reciever make a significant difference in sound? Does the Hk3480 have a DAC?

ALso, i am thinking of buying a small subwoofer, has anyone tried the hsu stf-1?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1503
The Hsu stf-1 is an excellent sub.

Anonymous

where could i buy NAD online?

Silver Member
Username: Billdashill

Post Number: 119
Google the NAD you want and the 4 or 5 resellers will show up.

Bronze Member
Username: Danman

Post Number: 93
Yes the HSU is great. A wonderful music sub.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1507
Try DMC electronics.

Bronze Member
Username: Ben805

Post Number: 27
no, the HK 3480 doesn't has any DAC
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help