Samsung dvd-hd841

Bronze Member
Username: Awedio

Montreal, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 19
I just got the new samsung dvd player. plays dvd-a and sacd. just wondering if anyone knows how good it is compared to other options. i would have preferred the pioneer elite 45a...but money at the moment wouldnt allow it. the option i had was the pioneer 545 i think...and this samsung...the samsung does hd through dvi...but the pioneer has dts decoder. anyone have any suggestions?

ian

SACDude
Unregistered guest
I did quite a bit of research on the new Samsung DVD/CD players - and quickly determined that the 841 was not for me. Even the reviews on Circuit City left a lot of doubt in my mind.
I am sorry that you could not have waited for the 941, to come out at the end of this month. Money is, unfortunately, always an issue, but one must compromise. A pity.
I read that your player does not have the "Faroudja" components that the 941 does - therefore it will not be quite as good for video.
I am not at all sure about the audio portion - and the DAC, for example, may be the same.
I have always felt that Pioneer made an honest product - but do not know the models you refer to.
Sorry I can't be of more help. Oh, yes - please - what do you think of the audio performance on CD and SACD with the 841. I'm rather curious. With thanks.

SACDude
Unregistered guest
I urge you to go into Google and type in "Samsung 841 problems" (without quotation marks) and see what I was up against when I thought I might buy an 841. HOPE the 941 is better - but don't bet on it!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us