Amp to reciever connection


New member
Username: Rich

Post Number: 1
Registered: 01-2004
Hi, I have just bought a Sherwood s9400 intergrated amp - 50 watts rms x2 and a Sherwood s7200 reciever - 40 watts rms x2, They are both 1974 vintage and are brand new, is it possible to connect these 2 together to a set of speakers and a cd player and how. Thanks Rich.

Unregistered guest
An integrated amp and a receiver are basically the same thing, except that a receiver includes an additional tuner. There is no point in connecting these together, you're better off using them for different systems.


New member
Username: Edison

Post Number: 285
Registered: 12-2003
If you really want to experiment, get a RCA cable, and take "tape out" form one, to "tape in" of theother. Connect a CD player to the first one, and the speakers to the second.

You probably will get a better sound than using just one. If you have another set of speakers, you can connect them to the first one, and get a surround effect. You will get better sound this way.

You can place speakers in many ways.
1) All in the front - wide soundstage
2) 2 in the back - for surround effect.
3) Speakers back to back - one set firing backwards - deep soundstage.

Experiment which unit should be the first, to get the optimum sound.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us