Loudest Lonely Subwoofer ???

Username: Maxkilla

Post Number: 5
What is The Loudest 12" Subwoofer ?? With which Enclosure ? IS Power Acoustik MOFO one OF the Bests Subs Around For The Price ? Mofo subs where mad for RAP Music.... Anybody giving any help for the best 12" sub ? I Think Power Acoustik Have Got a Good 12" Sub - check out some reviews

http://www.sounddomain.com/sku/POWMOFO10

Username: Ptown

Post Number: 4
Power Acoustik? The best 12" i've ever heard is the Image Dynamics IDMAX. Yes, I've heard the JL 12W7 and the Diamond TDX 12, both of which are very good. Nothing touches the ID MAX in ints ability to deliver both monstrous SPL AND excellent sound quality up to well over 200HZ. A customer of mine is running 2 ID MAX 12's in a sealed enclosure with a US Amps USA-3000 running at 1500W X 2. The sound QUALITY is incredible. And I don't have to tell you how hard this system hits.

Username: Ptown

Post Number: 5
By the way - I also sell the 12W7 and the TDX subs from Diamond. But the IDMAX is just plain better in terms of sound quality. Plus, it costs about 1/2 of what the JL and Diamond subs do.

Username: Tikolx333

Post Number: 84
Thank you Andy a change from all the "JL" is best. I like the IDMAX too. But Andrew if we are talking the loudest 12" then look into Resonant Enginearing X.X.X. it changed my life after I heard it. Nothing comes close and look into TREO those two subs blow away the W7 and anything else out there. Adire Brahma too I listen to that guy loud but the X.X.X. my fave. And lol the MOFO is for amatures they are crap I checked out sounddomian all those guys that are talking yeah my MOFOs are awsome I hit 127 with my too MOFOS. LOL 127 you can hit that with one W7 8" or even some nice 6x9 lol.

Post Number: 7
http://www.sounddomain.com/sku/POWMOFO12

Check these are better reviews ... Compared the Price between the MOFO 12" and the IDMAX mmm there is a little LOTS of difference from $179 to $399 obviously that there is a difference in quality.... but for SPL mmm there is a guess

Username: Chippa

Post Number: 36
JL is not the best. It's good, but not the best. There are many alternatives that sell for about half the price that JL's do. The differences in sound are probably not even audible to the human ear among the top 10 subs.

Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 505
For under $200 I'd go Adire Audio or Elemental Design.

You couldn't drag me close enough to anything from Power Craptastic to consider wasting money on it.
Think about it before you buy a product with a name like MOFO, RIP, or FUBR.
Just think about what those acronyms mean first!
That's got to tell you something. They may as well come out with a product line called SNAFU or SUXDIK too.
heh

Username: Newb

Post Number: 49
lmfao!!!!

Username: Motoman22

Post Number: 44
That's a good one Glass... I've wondered what their marketing guys were thinking too. Maybe it's too many mushrooms?

FUBR? Puhleeze! This is almost as bad as Chevrolet naming a car the 'Nova'

Post Number: 8
MMM yep i guess Mofo subwoofers are not For SQ .. You are Right but its a bargain price for 1200 RMS ... The IDMAX is a nice sub and its SQ is very nice too but the price mmm its a little expensive but what the hell if you want the best pay for the best ... I'm just a starter in Car Audio and for the first sound system i am creating i guess i'm doing good near MALtese People which just use kenwood and pioneer and longmill and cutting edge and bullshit.... My system is a mofo 12" in a custom box for SPL and a BOSS Pd4000 - 1600RMS at 1ohm bridged mmm now i'm making the mids and highs system which will include the r25s by Kicker ... Anybody knows and good MIDS STUFF ??? for a 1991 honda civic ?

Post Number: 520
for good component speakers at a good price, look at CDT.
They have a good sale going on CDT at www.thezeb.com

Ok let me offer a little knowledge here on power ratings for speakers.
bigger isn't always better.
rule of thumb.
if a speaker says it can take 1000 watts of power, that doesn't eman that it'll be louder than one that can only take 500 watts of power. If the former speaker is much less efficient than the latter one, this means all of the extra power is jsut being wasted. I rarely pay attention to power ratings on speakers as a key factor in purchase, aside from being able to match the speaker to an adequate amplifier.

Here's the thing.
the power handling spec of a speaker is a mechanical figure. It's not really a rating of how good the speaker is per se.
Precisely what it tells you is how much thermal energy the speaker is capable of handling through the voice coil windings without overheating, and melting the coils.
While power till matter to a point, it's only part of the ttoal equation for a good sub, and shouldn't be the main focus when shopping.
It's really just a thermal rating for the voice coils of the speakers.
I hope that helped somewhat.
The Shivas I mentioned for $120 ea. are rated for 650 watts. That's a lot of power for twelves.
Figure a JL 12W7 is only rated for a bit mroe at ~750 watts.

MuzikInstaller
Unregistered guest
Ha Ha, So GlassWolf thinks PowerAcoustik is a joke LOL.Dude ive been installing Muzik for 15 years,and ive used and blown many subs.From jl,rockford,lanzar,swiss audio,kicker,pioneer,audio bahn,cerwin vega,etc ,but I tell ya this.I just installed 2 12" dvc FUBR subs on a 2400d poweracoustic mono block hitting 110decibls in the trunk of a freakin 94 cadillac.I was freakin "IMPRESSED" out of all the years I never dreamed of using poweracoustik,unless it was their monitors.Now Im running a /////\LPINE 7892 head unit ,////\LPINE ERA-G320 Digital Sound Processor,Lanzar vibe411 4 channel on highs and mids,and a 1800d Lanzar mono block on 2 dvc 15" FUBR subs hitting '154 DECIBLS'.So I guess your right,PowerAcoustik suks ..."NOT".For the price I would really hate to see the MOFOS in action...I agree with ya Andrew...FUBR and MOFO ROCK!!!!!!!!

Post Number: 91
You moron lol you are braging about 2 12" hitting 110 please I can get you one 12" for 400 bucks that will hit 153-157. If you are going to brag at least make it something ipresive or lie lol 110. Now your just a joke. Lol it took you 2 15" to hit 154. Fubr and MOFO are for people that really dont know what they are doing your stuff sucks Iam sure you got a great deal on them but for the same money you can have louder sound with better sq. My firends triple x 12" will take on your 2 15" any time and they will blow them away.

MuzikInstaller
Unregistered guest
LOL,$400 for one sub ,omg .Dude I get woofers at wholesale cost.I got the FUBRS for $110 a piece..Now I hope you didnt spend $400 bucks on ONE sub.If you did..Id blow your car away for half the price =o..Let me remind you..The 15" are in a GrandCherokke Limited.Volume was at 9 =o..$400 BUCKS LOL..I payed more for my processor =).Check out my work at WWW.CARDOMAIN.COM ,the Mercedes Benz..As far as sound quality LOL..The heart of my system is //////\LPINE!!!!!!!!

Post Number: 92
LOL hahahahahhahaah 400 bucks hahahahahah I can believe you spent 400 bucks hahahahahah lol hahahhaha lol hahahahah lol hahahahaha lol What car moron that leads to the main cardomain site. The heart of your system is my a$$ your subs are called FUBRS that just sais it all. I know your system must sound great to you but to the rest of the world it sounds like a dog fart1ng. So for 110 a piece your speakers can eat my a$$. And no I didnt spend 400 bucks on one subs. I have 3 12" extant subs I bought for 130 a pop and believe me the sound better and hit harder and will keep hitting long after your voice coles are gone. Biatch. hahahah lol hahahha lol 400 hahahah lol hahahah lol 400 hahaha lol hahahaha lol moron.

MuzikInstaller
Unregistered guest
http://www.cardomain.com/id/c32amg13. Consumers always try to tell the installer "Whats good,Whats bad" LOL..Take it from someone who has installed $5000 systems..

MuzikInstaller
Unregistered guest
Omg dude,I bet my wifes car sounds better than yours and shes running a Punch Power 1000 to 1 Solobaric 15"=o..LOL..As far as Exant "DejaVu" The patrient with the Cadillac went through 2 sets from Dukes car shop,they got tired of warranting the subs and he had them on a JL 500/1.As far as $130 a pop lol..FUBRS retail for $260 a piece .

Post Number: 13
Tiggy ... Power Acoustik stuff is cheap and give a punch for SPL for Its Price. Its Not the Best Of The Best but its pretty good doing its work and for what it costs. What the hell is your problem in this ? Just shut the **** up and listen who tried these types of subs not like you who you are trapped in the NAME game. I like my first sub its a mofo 12" and my car is fallen apart ... What do i need more ? If i want it for SQ i would have chosen The dynamics idmax or the jlw7. If you like so much spending and you want the best go buy 2 idmax subs and buy the new JBL A6000GTI so then you can blast anyone.

Post Number: 14
http://www.sounddomain.com/id/maltesemaxkilla

Is my Box cool ?? hehe check it out !!!

Post Number: 93
MuzikInstaller your stupidity is imposible to depict so Iam done with you. Your stupid maybe if you read what you wrote then read what I wrote then read what you wrote maybe just mabye you will discover your stupidity. Andrew if you like your stuff then great but its crap Iam sorry. Iam really sorry ok.

MuzikInstaller
Unregistered guest
Sweet,=)Just needs carpet ..

MuzikInstaller
Unregistered guest
LOL, What you wrote "MORON" was "I can get you 1 12" woofer for $400 bucks" LMAO...Best believe If I wanted to spend $400 bucks on any woofer it would be a AudioBahn "IMMORTAL SERIES".Not some new kids on the bock woofer =o.

MuzikInstaller
Unregistered guest
Better yet,lets see your set up TIGGY =).Post your pic on sounddomain/cardomain,and I'll post my "CUSTOM" 1999 GrandCherokee Limited,Lets see the wires and tooo long rca cables twisted all up.LOL,I can just imagine ..I get guys daily who talk a good game but pop da trunk and thats just what they are.."A GAME"

MuzikInstaller
Unregistered guest
Omg I did really read what you wrote LMAO,First you stated "my friends x 12" will take on your 2 15" anytime",Now correct me if Im wrong..LOL..You later stated you owned 3 12"...Omg ,are you a leader or a follower?LOL ,or are you bragging on "your boys s***? LMAO...Go post dude...Actions speak louder than words lol..You listened to your boys system so long your beginning to think its your car =o

Post Number: 15
MuzikInstaller you are cool !! LOL ...MMM i have a question for you i am going to buy an ECLIPSE Head Unit ... The best they have is the 8053 do you reccommend it ? For SPL and SQ ? And is the JL AMPLIFIER 300/4 good for 2 6x9 and 2 front Kicker Components ??

Post Number: 16
And Another Question For you MuzikInstaller. Would I beat a Phoenix Gold Titanium system with this system ? 2x kicker RS6 components 2 6x9 kenwood 6898ie, 1 mofo 12" in custom SPL box + Boss PD 4000 amp + JL 300/4 amp. The Boss Power Drive 4000 is for the MOFO 12" bridged at 1ohm which makes around 1200RMS and The JL AUDIO 300 4 channel is for the components which are kicker RS6 and the kenwood 6*9 ... Do you recommend other components which are better then kicker or better than PG for SPL and SQ ???

Post Number: 576
Muzik, the fact that you've blown a lot of speakers.. tells me a lot about your abilities.

nuff said.

It's sad that with all of that power and two fifteens that's all you can hit in that JGC, since I have a 94 JGC myself, and with two Cerwin 12" subs, and my entire system driven with a single Orion 2125SX amplifier I hit 147.2dB on a C-weighted curve.
While I am also using an Alpine source and signal processor, that won't mean a thing if the rest of your system is crap. If you want to see more about my system, it's all right here:
www.wickedcases.com/jeep/page2.html

People who think the higher cost, "name brand" stuff is overhyped are mainly the kids who can't afford the stuff, so have little experience with the difference between cheap crap and truly well-made products. Look at a Boss amp next to a Sinfoni amp some day. After that, you'll never want to see another Boss anything again.
Yes, I've worked as an installer since 91 professionally as well, am an EE, and MECP Master installer, and have installed systems in my own cars worth over $8,000. I won't even try to guess at the cost of some of the customers' systems I've set up in the past. That really doesn't accomplish anything though. I know plenty of people who've been around for a long time and still don't know how to tie their own shoes.

Andrew, as for your questions..
the JL 300/4 was the only decent product you named in your list. If you want some better suggestions, for around the same cost, try these:
CDT Classic component set in front
CDT Classic coaxials or 6x9 (if you insist) in back
1 Adire Audio Shiva or Brahma 12" sub, slot-vented
JBL BP1200.1 or MTX Thunder81000D sub amp
JL 300/4 or Kicker KX600.4 4-channel amplifier
Eclipse head unit
high output alternator

alternatives for components are Infinity Kappa Perfects, or Focals.

MuzikInstaller
Unregistered guest
"People who think the higher cost are kids who cant afford the stuff"..OMFG,dude by day im a installer at Gesahnis Mobile Video 1419 8mile Detroit,by night im a Too2 engineer for Delphi(CNC).For your information Im 31 years old AND MAKE $11.00 by day hourly and $23 nightly hourly,Dude I can get "HIGH" end equipment "WHOLESALE" ,that includes any freakin think on the market from http://www.davidmosesinc.com/ OOPS! no tax id number and you cant enter LOL,and I mean he has "EVERYTHING" .Its my choice of what "I" prefer and yes Andrew you should give that guy a run for his "money" with half the cost =).

Post Number: 95
Muzik shut yo mouth fool by the way Resonant Engineering triple x is not a new kid on the block moron if you knew anything about car stereo you would know that. And Iam talking up my friends system because your system is not even worth comparing to mine bi1ch my point was that one good 12" that my friend has sound better and hit harder then your 2 15" that take up 3 times as much space sound like shi1 I know what kind of bass your 15" let out sounds like a far1 that just rattles everything. And if you can get high equipment for wholesale then why the hell you buying PA lol moron if thats your high equipmnet then you again porve yourslef a moron. You prolly think 200 a subs is alot so when you get them for 110 you think you got some great stuff. Just stop talking up your crap system your just making a fool out of yourslef.

Anonymous

LOL $11.00 an hour that just plain sucks.

Post Number: 582
I'll drop in and say hey next time I'm out your way. I'm in Ann Arbor at least once every 3 months out at U of MI Med Center.
By the way thanks for the link. I have a tax ID number for my businesses. I'll take a look.

Let's not let the testosterone or a whizzing contest get in the way of a decent thread here though.

if you're curious, my IASCA system was as follows:
•Pioneer Premier DEX-M88 CD Player/Changer control
•Pioneer Premier GEX-T70 SuperTuner IV module
•Pioneer Premier CDX-M33 CD Changer
•Alpine 3401 Parametric Equalizer
•Alpine 3339 Graphic Equalizer
•Orion 300-PRQ pre-amp
•Orion 200-CRX electronic crossover
•Orion 2125SX Digital Reference amplifier (class AB)
•Orion 280GX amplifier (class AB)
•Alpine 8010 Alarm
•Lestek 150-amp alternator
external Lestek regulator set to 14.4VDC
•Sears DieHard Gold 1200CCA battery
•(4) Orion hard-dome tweeters
•(4) Orion soft-dome tweeters
•(4) Orion 5" midrange
•(2) Cerwin-Vega LE-12D 12" DVC subs
•Interconnects - Phoenix Gold

That setup won me most of the IASCA Pro events I entered when I used to compete. 151dB, perfect curve. I liked it. It was my daily driver, and one of the demo cars for where I worked.

Did you get a chance to look at the jeep? That's a setup I was playing with just to see what I could pull off with a single amp system rated at 125W x 2. I wanted to prove (again) that power isn't everything for a loud clean system.

I'm getting ready to re-do the Jeep again though, with the following:
•Eclipse CD8053 and Eclipse Commander
•Zapco SLX-4 SymbiLink Crossover
•Zapco EQ30-SL SymbiLink Third Octave 30-band EQ
•Zapco C2K-9.0XD Amplifier (600WRMS x 2 @ 2 Ohms Stereo)
•Zapco Z400C4-SL (200WRMS x 2 @ 4 Ohms Bridged)
•(2) Resonant Engineering Triple X 12" subs (maybe)
•DynAudio System 360 3-way components for front stage
•300A Alternator, and 1/0 gauge power distribution

should be a nice clean system.
trying to keep it simple. no rear fill for a better front soundstage, minimum of drivers, good power and signal processing.. should be simple and effective.

Username: Newb

Post Number: 55
hey muzik why dont you just do the $23/hr job fulltime? btw im sure half the ppl on this forum r installers lol

MuzikInstaller
Unregistered guest
I saw the jeep Glass,pretty neat.I have a similar set-up except I modified my dash to fit the Alpine ERA-G320 above Alpine cda-7892.Used ABS =).As far as chas d question goes.A fellow employee who was just bored with his day life decided to open a Nextel mobile phone buisness.He purchased an aircondition/heating buisness,large and also had a 3 car garage..Another fellow employee of ours wanted to rent the garage from him to paint cars for Low 4 Life Car Club,but my partner had other things in mind.First he use to bring blown amps to work and ask me to repair them.At first I paid no mind until he started bringing me headunits.So I asked him "Where are you gettin all these blown amps?"He knew nothing about Car Audio,he was taking the amps in on trade but didnt know how to bench test lol.So I offered him a proposition."Either rent the garage to me and have an installer(which he didnt have)or pay me $11 an hour ,dude im far pressed for cash.I left college after 3 years of computer science to work for Delphi in the summer,that turned into fulltime =).Maybe Im just bored or really like installing(a teenage into adulthood hobby =).Glass I'd love to see the Cherokee after your finished.I will post my Cherokee tommorow at work.Oh yea,go to google and search "davidmoses car audio" you will see his name in one of the links,call the "1-800" number and give them your tax id number and you will then recieve a password..I get Kicker Solobaric 15" from him for $180.He has damn near everything,even old model car audio.As far as TIGGY,yawn....sigh.....Get a life dude..and GO POST YOUR PIECE OF CRAP CAR LOL..Im waiting for link..Glass I just installed a 7.2" monitor where my trip meter is in the headliner,the monitor has dual inputs so I installed a mobile dvd player in the armrest console on video 1 and a back up camera near the 3rd brake light on video 2.

MuzikInstaller
Unregistered guest
TIGGY learn to "SPELL" LOL "YOURSELF" not "YOURSLEF" now theres your "KID" Glass =)

Post Number: 96
Good one muzik i was typing fast and i missplaced some letters. Telling me to get a life you are the one who is 31 and makes 11 bucks an hour lol what a joke. yawn...sigh...get a life dude come one dude get a life. get a life yourslef.

Post Number: 590
yeah if you looked at the Jeep's dash, where the usual diagnostic display is for 4WD, I built an ABS module there to house the Alpine 3339.
I actually just got my hands on the DIN unit for that EQ from eBay, too. Now I may re-do that display module so the EQ is a removable faceplate instead of being hard-mounted.
I missed what year your Jeep is. Is it a ZJ or WJ body?
I never had much interest in video in a vehicle myself. I guess I'm an old school purist there. I just stick to audio.

Anyway I don't think I'm due back out that way till around March.. but that's not too far off. I'll see if I've got time to swing by the store.

MuzikInstaller
Unregistered guest
Its a 1999 Grand Cherokee Limited loaded,Be looking forwad to seeing ya.Taking my camera to work as we speak.Theres no flash on this digital camera so I hope the pics turn out right =).As far as TIGGY goes,again "Get a life dude and move out of moms basement"Didnt think I knew hunh =).Also do you even know what TOO2 is?????or (CNC)?I supervise and sometime control robot arms that process heads and blocks for Delphi and if youve never heard of Delphi,Its just the same as GM...Out of 8 hrs I "MIGHT" do 4 hours of work at $23 an hour,the robots usually operate smoothly.I even sleep,play checkers,use the phone maybe 4 1/2 hours out my day.Ive been employed by Delphi for 8 years now.....Again "get a life dude and drugs are bad for you" and you still didnt spell It right lol "YOURSELF" not "YOURSLEF",and "Misplaced" not "Missplaced"and to think I showed you how to spell "Yourself" and you still spelled it wrong..=)

Post Number: 97
You're a moron and I don't live in my moms basement I live in my dads attic and I am not kidding either. I am 17 and in 5 months I am going off to Pepperdine after which I am not going to be working by hourly wages I am going to have a salary like a normal person and making a lot more then you can even imagine. You're a fuking loser your 31 and you make 23 bucks an hour and you are proud of yourself how sad and pathetic are you. No really you talk about 23 bucks an hour and how great that is yeah maybe when you are 18 19 21 going to college and you have a side job for 23 bucks an hour that's a great set up but not when you are 31. When my dad was 31 he had 3 houses both over 600,000 and a fleet of cars C5 Range Rover S500, and I am well on my way there. What do you have 23 bucks an hour some car that you put all your money into and a pair of MOFO 15" that sound like crap, you probably don't own anything and in debt to credit cards. Let me tell you, bragging about 23 bucks an hour at 31 is not something to be proud of it just shows what a loser, you don't even have a salary. Didn't think I knew "hunh" oh and by the way "huh" is not "hunh" and "forward" not "forwad" unless that's how you say it in your hick town and its "there is" not "theres" and it's "didn't" not "didnt" and its "you've" not "youve" and its "I've" not "Ive" So if you are going to be a bi1ch and correct other peoples spelling at least spell things correctly yourself other wise you sound like a moron but then again you sounded like a moron when you mentioned how great your MOFOs are and how you make 23 bucks an hour. I am sure you proud of yourself. Because at the end of the day ignorance is bliss and the fact that you have never had anything better then 23 dollars an hour you don't know what a pathetic loser you are.

Post Number: 98
Sorry mispring 2 houses both over 600,000 fully payed for by the way.

Post Number: 99
MuzikInstaller: Tiggy your stupid it's "print" not "pring" hahaha =)

Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 32
hey im 17 and i know i dont have the greatest system but it gets me along....i have an alpine head unit, cant remember model of it heh, i have infinity kappa 6.5" coaxals in the front and 6x9 3-way coaxals in the rear deck, a single 12" audiobahn aw1208t which i personally like, running 1200w rms @ 1 ohm from a jbl 1200.1 amp. also using a 1 farad digital voltometer lightning audio cap....again, like tiggy i am 17 years old and still a junior which means kinda low on money so i think im faring pretty damn well for being 17 oh and btw i work part time as manager at a pizza place but i make $12.25 an hr :-) and still manage to keep a 91 avg in school....

and please muzik dont even comment on this :-P

Username: Redskin

Post Number: 32
Glasswolf you obviously don't have kids. I've never known it so quiet in the back since I put in the dvd and cordless headphones. Of course we do have the odd difference of opinion on if the film should be played through the main system or not.

Post Number: 18
Hey 17 year old kids .. here we are talking about the loudest 12" subwoofer for SPL not about how much money you put in your pocket.GlassWolf i checked out the specs of the DynAUDIO system 360 mmm The SQ is perfect but what about the loudness ? would it beat Phoenix GOLD Components or Kicker Components ? And how much is the price for these sweet components ?

Post Number: 19
Where Can I find the Resonant Engineering Triple X subwoofers for sale ? on the NET ...

Post Number: 34
alot of those high end companies dont autorize internet sales so go to their main websites and check it out where there are dealers located around you and btw you rly didnt have to comment on my other post...

Post Number: 35
resonant engineering home page is here: http://www.respl.com/ i went out and fount it for you, check it out if ya'd like to

Post Number: 594
Muzik,
errrr 99. hmm I think that's still a ZJ body like mine. that's right when they changed to the newer WJ bodies, but I think that came in 2000.
Hey better to shoot with daylight and no flash in a car. trust me. you can always fix brightness and contrast in photoshop, but the flash does awful things in a car. glares off of everything like head units, dash clusters, etc.. makes for lousy pictures. I always just use a tripod or monopod and no flash. have to be very steady but makes for better shots in the end.

yes, you're right, I have no kids.. haha My home theater would never survive kids.. or vice versa. the first time I found a peanutbutter sandwich in my DVD tray, that child would be sacrificed to Cthulhu immediately. :P

Yes the Dyns will get hellishly loud with a lot of good clean power. They can take 200 watts per channel without batting an eye. The Sinfoni Amplitude 120.4x (bridged) would be a fantastic amp to throw at a set of those 360s but be warned. The Dyns are about $800 street price, and that Sinfoni is in the four figure range if you can find a dealer.

I'm not too sure where on-line you would find the RE subs, but they are sweet if you get a chance to audition a set.

Honestly as I get older I find myself spending more on my home system than on the car. I spend more time listening to the home system perhaps is why.

MuzikInstaller
Unregistered guest
The pics came out "ok" but now I cant upload them to website..Any suggestions?Also check out this useful site my buddy and I just got Domain name for.http://www.bcae1.com/

Post Number: 602
yeah I'm very familiar with the site.
I know the author. I've spoken with him a couple times about authoring a few pages for the site.
I was considering writing some more detailed information for his home audio section.

great site. I refer a lot of folks to the data there when answering forum questions.
Saves me a lot of time.

MuzikInstaller
Unregistered guest
I get my DEI products like remote starts and alarms from www.altronint.com being most other systems can be a pain.Now if your familiar with ebay then notice some units have scratched faces,missing wire harnesses,but you can get most of these parts from www.pacparts.com

Post Number: 610
biggest problem I see on ebay are places selling alarms from companies like Clarion, then not offering the installer manual for the alarms, which emans you don't get any sort of color codes for the alarm harnesses, and no way to know how to wire them in without being a Clarion dealer and getting the manuals directly.
They also don't get directions on brain programming features that are also in those manuals, so they end up with a shiney new, and rather useless alarm system.

MuzikInstaller
Unregistered guest
Maybe this will help,Clarion uses same color codes as their old alarm systems.http://www.clarion.com/usa/service/manual.htm

Post Number: 617
not anymore. I've worked with a 2004, 2008, and others, and they were all different.
be careful there

Anthony running 3 12's
Unregistered guest
Heres a question for all you car audio freaks, what is the loudest hardest hitting sub on the market?

Email me: Tonydirtbikedude@hotmail.com

Post Number: 103
your mom?

Post Number: 860
Tony, read the damned thread.

Username: Yhammack

Post Number: 1
The loudest SPL sub would be the Digital Designs. SQ isn't good, but their loud as hell. Triple X and Brahma are a toss up. All expensive though.
I was running the Kicker S12L7 in a large ported enclosure, but finally toasted it (maybe a little too much power!) Didn't really like it anyways, loud but lousy SQ.

I'm going with the IDmax 12 D4. Ended up picking that over the Elemental e12a, seen some meltdowns that looked a bit discouraging. Plus I heard they are changing their cone design. I'm running 1000 wrms and that should pound the ID. Found it for $287 on ebay, or $329 shipped free on the web. No comment on the Power Acoustik.

Username: Daniel_s

Post Number: 21
kicker soloX 18"

Username: Yhammack

Post Number: 4
All I can say is "got 10,000 Watts??" LOL
Good SPL sub though.

Username: Daniel_s

Post Number: 22
nah all you need is the 5000 watts RMS LOL god thats massive

Post Number: 64
how about that new Pioneer TS-W5000SPL?

comes in 10,12,15 inch and handles 2000w rms and 5000w max....supposadly it can hit 170dB in the 15 inch version ALONE but im not sure i want to see the TS parameters for it

anywez anyone else who hear about this sub?
ive never actually heard it but the thing looks very impressive, its got the pioneer patented version of the W7 Overroll surround....soo.....more cone area

Unregistered guest
I've read a lot of the reviews and most of you like the ID MAX. I've never heard them but I have heard the 13w7's. My friend just got a brand new benz SUV and put 2 w7's in it. He powered each sub with one of those huge 2500 watt orion amps. They did some nice damage to his car. His rearview mirror fell off but thats no big deal. Then his gas cap cover shook loose and is hanging down. thats not too big either. Then the drivers door literally fell off the hinges onto the floor. Then after that he blew out one of his windows so now he has to do all plexi-glass. He placed 2nd in new york state with spl. I'm not sure how many dbs he hit but i've never heard a system that loud. Another sub that really hits are treos and hold the spl record to date.

Riddler Sensei
Unregistered guest
Indeed. I'm looking at a one sub-woofer bass solution at the moment and I am very impressed with the reviews the ID MAX is getting. I'm not huge into the whole car audio scene, but I'm a music major, so I naturally like my sound, but I don't quite get all of this stats jargon being thrown around. I'm a big SQ guy, but I definitely wouldn't mind having the SPL there.

Basically, what I have right now is a Pioneer DEH7500 HU, Pioneer TS-A1670R in the front, and Pioneer TS-A1680R in the rear. For a SQ setup, would the ID MAX 10 v.3 D2 be reasonable? I really have no idea if the dual 4-ohm or the dual 2-ohm would be better for me. And if I were to purchase such a sub, what kind of amp would I be looking at?

I don't want to show anything off or flaunt any "skills" I know I don't have. I just want the most enjoyable experience I can get listening to music in my car. Thanks for anys suggestions in advance.

Silver Member

Post Number: 164
dont go with pioneer speakers if your gonna get an IDMAX sub lol...defeats the purpose of that subs SQ

get some infinity kappa perf speakers, preferably the component set for a SQ setup or some CDT or Focal components..

and unless that head unit is pioneer premiere series, dont go with it, get an alpine, clarion or eclipse head unit or pioneer premiere series HU, these are the best made

as far as amps are concerned, a jl audio 1000/1 wuld be perfect for that sub, being able to handle 1000w rms and 1800w max, it would be a great match. it won't really matter whether you go with dual 4 or 2 ohms, but if you get that amp youll have to wire a dual 4 ohm in paralell and a dual 2 ohm in series to get within the JL 1000/1 impedance range

if this helped any, your welcome hehe

Riddler Sensei
Unregistered guest
Nah, sadly enough it's not premiere. I didn't do too much research before buying it.

The thing, though, is that I already have the Pioneer speakers and what-not in there and I don't really have the time and money to be selling them and hagling and trying new systems. So basically, with the setup mentioned above, would the ID MAX be good or should I go with someone else?

Silver Member

Post Number: 167
well hell the IDMAX is always a good decision...lol sam adams commercial..

anyways but yeah thats an awesome subwoofer, but your new trick if you, like you said, dont have an abundant source of money, is to find you an amp to run it...

i would reccomend the hifonics bx1000d, which is around $285 if you look through www.bixrate.com runs 1000w rms at 1 ohm, which you could run that amp at so it would be a cheaper alternative to the 1000/1 which runs for around $1000 heh

but i guess you could go witht hose speakers and head unit...but make sure you dont overpower them and burn the VC's...on those pioneer speakers cuz one of my friends got thema nd theyre rated at 100watts, but only handle 20w rms which he blew his first day having them, so just letting you know

Silver Member

Post Number: 168
im sorry, www.bizrate.com

Riddler Sensei
Unregistered guest
Awesome. Thanks. So basically, and amp that can run 1000w rms at 1 ohm or so would be appropriate for it? And as for blowing them, I don't really plan on getting in a pissing contest with some guy at an intersection or taking this to any sort of competition. I already run them loud enough and they've been just fine, so I don't think I really have any need or want for runing them so hard as to blow 'em.

And I'm really hoping that Best Buy carries ID and the like because my brother works there and they get an awesome employee discount. Only 5% mark-up. Not bad at all, if you ask me.

Username: Scrplaya172004

Post Number: 2
Are the Spl 10" subwoofers any good

MikeDsubman
Unregistered guest
I like what all u guys have to say bout the loudest sub personally i like the Soundstream X.X.X 15" sub 1,150ounz magnet 8,500 watts RMS and 17,000 watts MAX Expensive but will anyone be able to beat it Plus with a 10,000 watt amp runnin it BASS is all u will here from blocks away.

Smokey
Unregistered guest
i only have a nice alpine deck, JL audio XR component set, PG amp running my highs n mids, 4 JL 12 W3's dvc run by a lil JL 1000/1.

i would say the w7 is worth the money
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us