I NEED HELP QUICK!!!!!!!!!!

Unregistered guest
ok. i had 2 "10 subs hooked to a 400 watt amp and everything as working fine. i went to upgrade to 2 "12 MTX subs and a 600 watt jensen amp. i couldnt get it to work. i was experimenting and accidentally put literally a string of power wire into the remote wire slot and it powered up but when i turned my car off it was still on. can someone help because im clueless?????

Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 482
the +12 line goes to the battery
the ground goes to bare chassis metal within 24" of the amplifier
remote turn-on goes to the power antenna or remote trigger line of the radio.
the remote line tells the amp to turn on with the radio, so that will remain on if its got +12 straight from the battery.

Unregistered guest
i kinda get what ur sayin but if i dont feed the remote slot with that straind of power wire, it wont come on at all, even when i hook it up normal.do u kow y that is????

Username: Motoman22

Post Number: 41
Marcus, the amp turns 'on' when 12v+ is applied to the remote wire input, just like Glasswolf said before.

If you connect the amp properly and the amp won't turn on, you are not getting 12v+ on that line. You'll have to figure out why, we can't do it from here..

Username: Ptown

Post Number: 6
Marcus - pay a professional $35 to install your amp properly and WATCH HIM DO IT. The education is worth far more than the cost of the installation.

Username: Newb

Post Number: 46
will an installer get annoyed if u watch him?

Post Number: 496
depends on the shop.
most shops (including the one where I worked) had a policy of no custoemrs in the shop area where the installers work..
this is for insurance reasons as well as to keep the whiners out from under foot so we could get our work done.
Once in a while if things were slow and we knew the guy, or he seemed cool, we'd let one back with us from time to time.
Depends really on the location, and such.

marcus
Unregistered guest
thankx for the help. i will jus pay and watch. THANKX.

marcus
Unregistered guest
i was brain storming and i was thinking. i have interior light in my car controlled by switch. couldnt i split speaker a wire and run it from the power wire on my cd deck or from my battery (which ever),to the amps remote slot and with the other piece of wire, run it to a seperate switch to shutdown the amp on demand? will it work? i thought it was a pretty good idea. if it is a good idea, should i run it from the battery or power wire of my cd deck. let me know what u guys think.

bubba
Unregistered guest
sorry cant help ya there. ask wolf

Post Number: 531
just wire the remote properly to the remote trigger line at the back of your stereo.

you can run the amp's remote to an ignition line and place a switch on it, but that can introduce noise as well.

Anonymous

I need help installing an amp....
or at least find a manual for an xplode (I know it ain't all that, but I don't care) soo can you help me
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us