PD-4000 1600Watts R.M.S 1OHM Bridged

Username: Maxkilla

Post Number: 1
I Just tested The New PD-4000 Amplifier by Boss with my new MOFO 12" + cool sub encloser and it REALY PUTS 1600 r.m.s . BOSS 4000 Watts is really and stupid rating but this amp is a realy nice amp for the price you pay :-) It doesn't over heat and i get more bass than another system with 2 solobaric 12's :-) I'm biulding a web site on the tests made on my Honda CIVIC 1991 Model Hatchback which will include all information for you LOUD BASS FREAKS :-) and CIVIC LOVERS :-)Thanks TO MEXX I've Bought the PD-4000 and I'll never regret it.
Stop Giving the BOSS PD-4000 a bat raputation ... Continue giving other BOSS eqiupment bad rep but not the PD-4000 cos it ROCKS.

Post Number: 2
Now I'm Searching for the best Amplifier for my Highs and MIDS including tweeters,Mid-Range,MID Bass. Anybody Can Help ? And Searching For The Best MID-Range And MId Bass 2 . I Choose The Kicker r25's x2 For The Highs :-) They are Best. Any help ???

Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 477
what is the output of your alternator?

a stock civic alternator is about 65-70A.
if an amplifier were truly drawing 1600 watts RMS in that car, you'd need 1/0 AWG cable for power from the battery, and your alternator would need to supply 150A of current for that one amplifier alone, plus another 50-60A for the car, or as soon as you turned the system up the car would stall.

based on this, if you're not running 0 gauge cable for power, and if you don't have a 200+A alternator installed (think $800+ for that upgrade) you are NOT getting 1600 watts.

when you say "tested" how was this done?
with a dummy load and oscilloscope?

Post Number: 3
250A Alternator
2x Koyle 3.0 capacitors
2x Optima Yellow Batteries
Directed tickest blue Wiring kit

Post Number: 487
I'd like to see pictures of that.

Post Number: 489
I looked at the stats for that PD-4000
it's rated for 4Kwatts @ half an Ohm.

I'd still be wary of such a product. Even if it does produce that kind of power I'd never trust the reliability of anything made by Boss.

Post Number: 4
The 4KWatts are MAx Power ... The Real RMS Rating is about 1900 Watts RMS at 1/2 ohm . My Pictures are Underconstruction. I will open a web site as soon as possible with all the pics :-) Would i be worth it for competition ?

Post Number: 499
sounds like ya have a good start.
did you say you've damped the vehicle pretty well yet?
let me know when ya get that site up.
I'd love to peruse it.

the stat page I saw did state 2000W x 2 @ .5 Ohms RMS.
Even for a MOSFET Class-D amplifier, that's quite a bit of power.
Granted, running a half Ohm stereo laod isn't always convenient (I know. I used to do that with Orion HCCA class-AB amps to get 400W RMS out of an amp rated for 25W x 2)

Post Number: 10
GlassWolf you seem to know pretty well about Car sound stuff ... what do you encourage me to buy for the MIDS and HIGHS ??? With 1200 watts RMS bass :-) ? I saw the kicker r25 for the highs but mIDS nothing yet ,,,,

Post Number: 514
for an amp?
look at the Kicker 300.4, MTX Thunder404, or JL 300/4
all are great 4 channel amps for components.
If you want to go higher end than that and have the modney, Zapco, Arc Audio, or Sinfoni. you won't get much better than that.

Post Number: 11
http://www.sounddomain.com/id/maltesemaxkilla

My underconstruction Pics Check it Out and Leave any sugestions....

Post Number: 12
http://www.sounddomain.com/id/maltesemaxkilla

My underconstruction Pics Check it Out and Leave any suggestions....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us