Annoying humming sound from speakers connected to amp(only when car is started) !!!!

Username: Przillestni99a

Piscataway, Nj Usa

Post Number: 1
Hey guys !! i need sum help !! whenever i turn my car on i hear a humming sound in my speakers that are connected directly to my amp.this sound dims when i turn my music up.when my music is off the sound is very irritating !! can someone please help me or suggest maybe a filter of some sort to abosorb this annoying sound ?!!
thanx alot fellas !!
-matt

Bronze Member
Username: Boopers

Lima, Ohio United states

Post Number: 76
sounds to me like you have your rca's running along side your power wire.... that's the most common cause of the humming. if this is the case, move your rca's to run on the opposite side of your car and see if that doesn't fix the problem

Bronze Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac, FL USA

Post Number: 45
You have engine noise.

1) Check all your grounds. Make sure they're good and that besides the head unit are close together with short as possible runs.

2) Check your RCA connections. Make sure they're good and none of the plugs are leanin up against anything and putting stress on any amp/xover inputs/outputs etc.

3) If you still have noise you may need to run your rca's on one side of the car and your amp power wire(s) on the other.

4) If that doesn't work try swapping out your RCA's with a set you know to be good and see if you can lose the noise(find a bad cable).

5.) If all else fails you could try a matching transformer(ground loop isolator). I wouldn't really recommend this unles you are desperate. You usually sacrifice a good deal of frequency response(lost bass!) using these jokers.

Oh and that sound is still there when you turn up the tunes. You just can't hear it.

-Fishy
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us