NEED AMP HELP ASAP

Username: Clipsed

East Haddam, Connecticut USA

Post Number: 1
Right now I have four (4) Audiobahn Alum12Q's (1000W RMS) that have dual 6-ohms. I want to run a seperate mono amp for each one. Any Suggestions? Need Help ASAP. Thanks Guys.. -VM

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 170
it would be better to run 2 mono amps.

something like 2 JBL BP1200.1's....it puts out ~1200watts at 2 and 1 ohm...if you wire a pair of subs in parrallel you would get a 1.5 ohm load, that amp would give each sub ~1100wrms.

also, audiobahn isnt that good of a sub...they are know to fail (blow) and the SQ/SPL isnt up to par w/ their price range...just thought i'd let ya know.

Username: Allpro

Dacula, Ga United States

Post Number: 8
Your Audiobahns should be fine. You can run 4 mono amps, but as Marshall said, you would be better served running 2 more powerfull amps mono(easier on yuor electrical system too). At Dual 6 in parrallel you will get a 1.5 ohm load. I can think of several amps that would pound those subs. Depends on budget...How much are you wanting to spend. And if you want 4 mono's, that would be awesome too. What kind of budget?

Username: Clipsed

East Haddam, Connecticut USA

Post Number: 2
Well, thanks for the advice guys. I'm Stillinterested in running 4 mono amps. im looking to spend as little as possible, but I'm flexible...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us