Kick panels?

Silver Member
Username: Symplestiles

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 138
im thinking about buying some kappa perfect components, but since im in a truck i was considering kick panels so i wouldnt have to chop and screw with any metal to make the compents fit. i cant seem to find much of a variety brand wise, all ive seen is q-logic. i can get a pair for $122.99 from http://www.audio-n-more.com/custom/chevy_gmc_pickup.shtml is this a good deal and how well will these panels hold up? any other sites that sell different makes of kick panels please list. thanks alot guys

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1579
Honestly, there are problems with Q-Logic kicks. They resonate like crazy, they are open backed (bass isn't that good) and in a truck, the soundstage will be extremely low, plus your foot and the seat will block a lot of the sound. I'd spend the money to get an installer to put them in the doors personally.

Silver Member
Username: Koz1031

Monticello, In United states

Post Number: 107
here's another place http://www.topedgeonline.com/SearchResult.aspx?KeyWords=kick%20panel
But I'd listen to this jonathan not the other one.

Silver Member
Username: Symplestiles

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 140
ya i had heard bad things about qlogic before so thats why i started this post in the first place. hey jonathan, where exactly in the door would they go? and how much do you think it would cost to have them made? if you could give a rough estimate that would be great. should i go to a car audio shop or a car body shop? thanks for your wise opinions.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1593
Totally dependant on the truck. Usually, low to mid door works best for trucks, as far forward as possible. You have to allow clearance for windows, a lot of why lower door is the best (or only) option. I'm not as familiar with those trucks and not sure what'll fit in there, you'll have to have an installer look and see. More than likely he just has to cut the designated area out, which shouldn't be too costly. You could also do it yourself if you're handy. Another problem with those Q-Logic kicks is they don't allow deep mids, which those perfects are pretty deep. They also don't fit most 6.5" components. Kick panels can work well in a truck, but usually the tweeter must be moved higher, and if not done properly the sound will be out of phase and will sound layered. Usually, custom kicks work best. An installer could also do this for you, but it's costly.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us