Help With My Hook Up ( 3 subs to a 4 channel amp)

Username: Bigap15

Post Number: 1
I was wondering if i can hook up three subs to a 4 channel amp. I was going to buy 2 Kicker Comp 12" subs with a 300 watt max/150 watt rms. I was also going to buy a Kicker Comp VR 10" sub with 600 watt max/300 watt rms. I was going to buy a 1200 Watt amp. The amp says that You can Bridge 2 of the channels together and bridge the other 2 channels together. I was going to hook the 2 Kicker Comp 12" into one of the bridged channels which will make the subs a 2 ohm load by hooking them up parallel since the subs are 4 ohm svc. Then hook the Comp Vr 10" (which is a DVC 4 ohm which i will also wire into a 2 ohm load) into the other bridged channel. The amp says that at a 2 ohm load, Bridged power is 600 watt max X 2. Will this push all three subs or should i get another amp to push the Comp Vr. Also will i need a Cap or will i need a new alternator. Any help will be appreciated. Thanx

Johnathan
Unregistered guest
yes, get 2 powercaps.. we all should have them

Post Number: 2
If i Get a cap, how many fareds should i get, i can get a 3 fared cap with install kit for 60 dollars. Also, how do i install it, some say you need to charge them first but others say you can just hook them up, also the cap is a digital cap. Thats all I know

X.X.X.
Unregistered guest
With those subs, you're gonna need a lot more than a Cap. Don't listen to that moron Johnathan, going around trying to fu*k up people's system by giving false advice. If you can save up a little, get a new alternator. If not, go for a Optima Yellow Top battery. Never a Cap.!!!

Post Number: 4
Well I can Get an Alternator for about 60 dollars more. But if i do get one will I need a new battery or not. Im getting double my amps. My mustang has a 75 amp alternator and im getting a 150 amp.

Anonymous

Arrin, don't pay attention to MAX ratings of an AMP ever! Always look at RMS. And if it's that same Profile amp you're refering to in other posts.....you're setting yourself up for junk!

Bronze Member
Username: Fishy

Post Number: 16
and I never thought it was a very good idea to run two different size subs(or two different types or impedances for that matter) at the same frequency range. It may be louder but it definitely won't be pretty.

-Fishy
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us