Maximizing power on 1 Ohm Stable Sony ES

Username: Tymestream

Post Number: 1
It has been a number of years since I have installed some car audio equiptment and I had a question arise. I have a older Sony Mobile ES 35x4 1 ohm stable amp and I want to run two 10 inch Pioneer 4 ohm 400w IMPP's off it. I know it is under powered, but it has to do for now, what is it the best way to wire the subs to attain the maximum power output? Right now I have the two subs in parallel of one mono channel. Is there anyway that I can use the other side of the amp or is this just a silly question. What would you do? (And don't say buy a bigger amp :-))

Thanks in advance for the assist.

Johnathan
Unregistered guest
sony rules

Username: Tymestream

Post Number: 2
Ya anyway, back to the question...

Bronze Member
Username: Fishy

Post Number: 17
Yeah I'd bridge one sub on each side(front/back) of the amp. You'll increase the damping factor by running the amp at a higher impedance and knowing Sony you'll probably get some more power also. If that thing has a built in crossover I just hope you can use it lowpass both front and rear.

It'd be a lil easier if you posted the exact specs of your amp/subs, but if your runnin em fine off one end, runnin off both ends can only be better.

The only way to gain a subastantial amount of power would be to rewire your subs, but are they DVC?

-Fishy

Anonymous

Hey Jeffrey...BUY A BIGGER AMP!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us