Whats wrong with this?

Username: Ginuwinepz

Post Number: 8
I have a 1000 watt sony amp running a 15" kick comp VR, and a 500 watt sony amp running my full ranger speakers in my car, it sounds awesome, cept when i have it cranked up, my full range speakers cut out for just a second, the amp stays on and everything, but the speakers cut out, sometimes they dont do it though...i have no idea what the problem is, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Bronze Member
Username: Audiobahn_man

Freakmont, MI

Post Number: 38
set your gain lower on the 500 amp, your putting way to much poer to the component speakers

Post Number: 9
Thanks, that worked!

Johnathan
Unregistered guest
no problem

Post Number: 10
I have my gains turned down on my amp....and it worked ok for a little bit, and now it is back doing the samething, only a little bit worse now, my full range speakers for full range speakers i have 2 kicker 4x6's and 2 explod 6x9s it only cuts out when the bass hits hard. any other ideas?

Anonymous

your charging system my not have the power it needs to keep up w/ your amps.

you make need a bigger alt.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
I have a brand new alternator, it is not any higher amperage or anything, but i also have a 1.0 farad power cap. and it was not doing it earlier....could it be something with my RCAs or Remote? because i noticed that i can hear a high pitched noise out of my speakers now when i accelerate if the volume is turned down.

Bronze Member
Username: Fishy

Post Number: 14
Check your grounds. Make sure your amps are grounded as close as possible to your cap(w/o makin huge runs of course). Also check your RCA connections. I installed an electronic crossover in the compartment under my armrest in my Explorer(so I could tweak while in motion :-)). It was a tight fit and one set of RCA's was pressed against my center pillar and forced up a lil bit. This caused some engine noise. Once I gave them some room and relieved the pressure on my Xover outs I lost my engine noise.

-Fishy

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
thanks, i will try that, and let you know

Silver Member
Username: Koz1031

Monticello, In United states

Post Number: 111
also make sure your rca wires run down the oppisite side as the power wires.

Silver Member
Username: Koz1031

Monticello, In United states

Post Number: 113
also make sure your rca's run down the oppisite side as your power wire.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Thanks guys, i got it sounding AWESOME now...i have my one 15" sounding louder and better than a guy with two of the exact same subs! it sounds GREAT!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us