Amp suggestions for 2 12" kicker solobaric L5's

Unregistered guest
i decided the other day that my 98 cavalier needed more thump, so i went out and got 2 12" solobaric L5's. I heard these are awesome. Now all i need is an amp. They are rated at 600 wats rms each and have dual 2-ohm voice coils. I was wonderin wat kind of amp would power both of these and if i should wire it using 2ohms or 4. Im a noob at car audio so I have no clue what the difference is.

cavi954
Unregistered guest
i was thinkin bout goin with the jbl 1200.1, but i dont think u can power both subs at the same time. subody please help me out here with a couple suggestions.

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Post Number: 396
Yea the JBL 1200.1 amp would be fine. Wire the subs voice coils in series and then wire the subs in parralel to the amp.

Anonymous

will jbl 1200.1 amp work on 2 alpine swr-1221d subs?

cavi954
Unregistered guest
arite so im deff gettin the jbl 1200.1, but how the hell do u wire the coils in a serious and then wire the subs in parralel to the amp ? where can i find a diagram for that ?

Johnathan
Unregistered guest
www.pichunter.com

Unregistered guest
hold on, i couldnt find the jbl 1200.1 on ebay. and its way too much in the stores. so i found a jbl gto 1201.1 for a very nice price. im pretty sure this would work just as well but i need sum feedback to see if you guys agree.

Username: Bigap15

Post Number: 8
I would take the Solo Barics Back and Get Comp Vrs. Then you will have more money to buy an amp but the comp vrs are better. Heres a Site that tells what subs,amps,cd players, etc. are the best and which ones suck.

http://p079.ezboard.com/fcaraudiotalkfrm27.showMessage?topicID=48.topic

This should help.
In my Opinion, All the Solo subs from kicker arent as good as Comp/Comp Vr. Plus Kicker Comp VR 12" can be found on ebay for cheap.

cavi954
Unregistered guest
thats nice, ill take it into consideration, but what about the jbl gto 1201.1 ?

Bronze Member
Username: Bigap15

Post Number: 12
Nice amp. Havent had one myself but have had friends that had one and it was pushin 2 Rockford fosgate Punch 12". JBL has good amps.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us