Running Three Subs?

Anonymous

Hi,If I had a 3 subs,SVC,how would I wire it up to the terminal? Just take all of them into one terminal? Then lets say I had a 2 channel amp. Could I bridge it so all three woofers get more Power? Could a Mono amp run all three woofers? I dont know much about channels,and number of subs. Someone please explain to me what you can,and cant do. Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Symplestiles

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 135
check this site for wiring diagrams..it will tell you wut ohm load you can run, then look @ how many watts youll amp will put out at that load. http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/wiringwizard.asp?WoofQty=2%2Bwoofers&WoofI mp=Dual%2BVoice%2BCoil%2B-%2B4%2Bohms%2Bx%2B2&image.x=19&image.y=13

Anonymous

Thanks for the link;But I still need to know if bridging 3 subs is gonna give them more power,opposed to hooking em up to one channel,and how much more power. Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Koz1031

Monticello, In United states

Post Number: 102
If I understand all this right, bridging subs isn't going to give them more power. That's what the amp is for.

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 555
Just run them all in parallel and either hook them up to one channel, or bridge them how you said, which ever one works and sounds best- go with it.

hater
Unregistered guest
if you use only one channel on a 2 channel amp your wasting your amp, for example lets say you have a 300x2 at 2ohm stereo, and if u only hok up to on channel there will be only 100 goin into each sub, as u can see the other 300 is goin to be a waste, might as well seel the 2 channel and get a 1ohm stable mono block amp, it will give your subs significant power depending on the amp and subs......... if i were u look into hifonics amps REALLY good for the price they have a 1000d and a 1500d......... last time i saw on ikesound.com you can get a 1500d for 245!!!! you can't beat that mang!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us