Should i buy this

Anonymous

i have an mtx 1501 d and a 15 x x x should i buy this alternator its only 100 bucks for it i also have 0gauge ran too...or shouldi just keep the stock one??/

Anonymous

i forgot to sell its 160 amp and the stock one is like 100amp

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 150
how many amps is the alt rated for???

Silver Member

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 151
sorry...didnt refresh my page in time to see your post.

what is the amps RMS rateing?

Anonymous

amp puts out around pry 1700

Silver Member

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 153
1700 RMS???

thats like 140A of current draw (someone correct me if i'm wrong here!), you may wanna think bout a bigger alt than a 160A.

Silver Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 409
14 volts times 140 amp = 1960 - 20 percent for class d amplifier efficiency loss= 1560 aprox. if you can maintain voltage at that level and most cars wont highest ive seen is 13.8 volts sustained voltage but still minimal loss

Silver Member

Post Number: 410
by the way the fuse rating suggested for that amplifier is 150 amps i have the 81000d mtx amp the older version of the 1501d mtx amp

Silver Member

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 157
thanks sean...i just took a quick guess

anonymous,
being that the amp will pull a more than what i guessed, you should prolly look for a bigger amp than a 160A

Silver Member

Post Number: 412
yes i definately would go bigger alternator. your welcome marshal and anonymous from what these guys say here that sub will slam on that amp im sure im running three amps and so far all i can find is a 200 amp alternator bolt on for my car from mralternator i think it was and is like to have 225 or more
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us