HiFonics Brutus BX1000D

Username: Crappycarguy

Post Number: 9
Amplifier Type: Mono
RMS Power: 350W x 1 @ 4 ohms
RMS Power: 700W x 1 @ 2 ohms
RMS Power: 1000w x 1 @ 1 ohm
The 700 at 2 ohms would be perfect me but I have heard this amp is extremely overrated in its power figures anyone say or know different?

Post Number: 10
Plus if i find out it is overated i can always spring for the bx1500d it would just help knowing before i order. Im using whichever one i get to power two 12" kappa perfects 12.1

Bronze Member
Username: A3forme

Post Number: 24
I don't think the amp is extremely over-rated...maybe slightly. Hifonics is about the best budget amp around. I woudn't go any lower in quality than Hifonics. On ebay, the BX1500D isn't much more expensive than the BX100D if that helps.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
hmmm i just need to know if it puts out the 700 watts at 2 0hms that it says cause thay would be percfect for the perfects but i have heard people say it is more accuratley at 500 watts in that case the 1500d would power them perfect cause instead of 900 it would be around 700

Bronze Member
Username: Sas

Post Number: 14
funny you are looking at hifonics. i have 2 kappa perfect 12's and i am using a hifonics 1500d amp. right now i am breaking the subs in. the box i currently have has about 1.3cf for each sub, i think its to big so i am building a box that is about 1.03cf. when i first played the subs they did not seem to hit hard at all, so i am hoping the smaller box and breaking them in will help. as far as your concern the amp should be perfect. if you did not purchase the 1000d yet, why not pay the few bucks more and get the 1500d? i paid $240 for it on ebay. as far as quality and all goes for the amp itself, i snooped around for about a week trying to decide on the amp, and as far as reviews word of motuh from what i had heard the hifonics was the best bet, i did not hear anything negative about this amp....have fun

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
wouldnt the 1500d blow them with 2 much watts how do you have them wired?

Taylor-Mayde
Unregistered guest
hifonics is fine, they get hot though.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us