HELP!!! Is this a myth or is it true???

Anonymous

ok... i went to the shop in town and they said that it was bad to have my port facing the magnet of my sub in the box, (the PVC port faces the side the sub) they said it would keep to box from building compression and the wave wouldnt form right.

is this true???

Anonymous

also they said that since my port faces the sub i could put a piece of MDF between the sub and port so the wave would bypass the port and develope in the back of the box...then come out of teh port.

is this true???

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 525
Ideally they should have just said that you should have put the port on the same side as the sub is mounted. Although if you pressed for space you really have no choice. MDF thing would work- if there is enough room bettween the port end and the sub magnet. Make sure the port isnt blocked though.

Anonymous

Ok...here is a drawing of my box.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/justsumguy2004

So if i put in a peice of MDF where the red line is, would it would work right???

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1551
Is that to scale? How much distance is there from the port to the side of the sub? If that's to scale, you shouldn't have a problem.

Anonymous

the distance from the end of the port to the sub is a little over 1 ft.

should i put to MDF in of not?

Silver Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 401
if you do this let me know how it turns out if what i saw is right somewhere else you should see a 3 db boost

Anonymous

So putting the MDF in will help???

Silver Member

Post Number: 403
it should

Silver Member

Post Number: 404
i found the website i saved on that in my email here you go bud

http://www.sounddomain.com/memberpage/318757/4

just scroll down youll see it

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 529
I didnt reailize that your port had a 90 degree in the box. If you put the MDF you should be able to hear a bit of differance.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us