Rms and loudness

Anonymous

how much rms is enough to be heard from two blocks?
also is slot venting dangerous for subs?
does it allow the sub to reach full excursion?

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 282
depends on a whole lot of things....slot vents will be fine, the shape of the vent means nothing, its all about the surface area and tuning. As for full excursion, thats more found by the power the sub can handle before it bottoms itself out...

Silver Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 394
also a person with tons of power can hit very little campared to a guy with less power its all about the setup not the power so much (case in point at a show i saw a guy with like 10000 so called watts hit less than a guy with 1000 watts)

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
Do you mean the 100lbs (i think it was 18") Kicker Sub aka worest gas milage ever?
And its square...
Id like to see the same company make 10,000w RMS subwoofer that came in sqaure or circle... then you would see why circle is the best design.

Silver Member
Username: Iamduff_87

Michigan America!

Post Number: 239
lets see. as far back as anoyone can remember, speakers were made to be CIRCULAR. all of a sudden...KICKER.. thinks they are engineering genious' and can make a new speaker that is square that will be better??? doubt it.

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
Goto bazooka if you wanna see wierd shaped subs... TRIANGELS!! maybe better than squares lol.

Bronze Member
Username: Ne0nblakk

Des Moines, Iowa USA

Post Number: 37
Sony pentagons too. Crazy stuff

Bronze Member
Username: Ne0nblakk

Des Moines, Iowa USA

Post Number: 38
Oh, and I bet triangle subs would have terrible stress points.

Silver Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 396
yeah id agree i was just talking about the triangles today from bazooka also this was years before the kicker squares that i saw to 1000 watt to 10000 watt comparison
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us